Windows 10: Trying to clean install Win10 using bootable USB, error 0xc000000f

Discus and support Trying to clean install Win10 using bootable USB, error 0xc000000f in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I actually need to install Windows 10 on two computers: a pretty new (Sept 2017) Dell XPS 13 that already has Windows 10 Pro with all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jmj2298, Jul 8, 2018.

1. jmj2298 Win User

Trying to clean install Win10 using bootable USB, error 0xc000000f

Hi, I actually need to install Windows 10 on two computers: a pretty new (Sept 2017) Dell XPS 13 that already has Windows 10 Pro with all the bloatware, and a Lenovo Thinkpad X220 from 2011 running Windows 7 Enterprise (updating to Windows 10 home with a new license).

I'm clean installing on the XPS because all of a sudden this computer does not shutdown. I've tried various simple suggestions from the Microsoft Community but none work so I just want to do a clean install at this point.

I create a bootable USB with the Media Creation tool using a 16 GB PQi USB I got for free from some event. When I go into the Dell BIOS and try to boot from the USB, I get an 0xc000000f error (attached screenshot).

I then tried the same process using the Lenovo X220 but get the same error, with the same error screen.

I formatted the USB using diskutil in CMD and retried but got the same error message. What is going on? I can only assume it's some problem with the install on the bootable USB. I appreciate your help.

Trying to clean install Win10 using bootable USB, error 0xc000000f [​IMG]

:)

jmj2298, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Calmlife Win User
    Clean Install: Can't boot- error 0xc000000f

Hi,

Last night i got a blue screen on my computer (custom build) and after searching for some solutions to the error code it spat out, I decided to upgrade to win10 (from 7) as suggestions pointed to a clean windows install.

I downloaded win10 and put it on a USB stick, got my computer to boot from it and it went ahead with the installation. I reformatted my SSD which my previous OS was on, and installed win10 on there.

I've changed the BIOS back to boot from HDD with my SSD being top of the priority list and I'm met with the error:

0xc000000f
    Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I've unplugged all other external storage, and any other unnecessary hardware connections (no chargers for example). I do have one internal storage disk which is mostly programmes and music.

My next thought is that my SSD is physically broken, although the win10 install did say that it had completed successfully. It's a Kingston 240GB SSD and I've had it roughly 3 years (got it early 2014).

Please let me know if there is anything anyone could suggest- usually I;m able to surf forums and get to the bottom of these things, but I'm completely out of ideas now.

Thanks

Calmlife, Jul 8, 2018
  4. igoiaba Win User

Clean Install: Can't boot- error 0xc000000f

I had the same problem today. The motherboard tried to do an auto repair of the BIOS. Nothing happened. So, the Windows 10 (from the 7) tried to repair too. No success.I found a solution through the boot option. When the PC starts, press DEL to boot options and reselect your SSD or HD. My problem was SSD. The motherboard changed the BOOT priority and deleted my SSD from the boot list.

igoiaba, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to clean install Win10 using bootable USB, error 0xc000000f - Similar Threads - Trying clean install

2. Boot Error with USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Error with USB - 0xc000000f: Hello to all,I recently started working on an autounattend.xml file, which was supposed to do a few different things. It worked fine until my most recent change in which i tried to make it so that it installs some Applications like Google Chrome by default. However, when i...
  3. Boot Error with USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Error with USB - 0xc000000f: Hello to all,I recently started working on an autounattend.xml file, which was supposed to do a few different things. It worked fine until my most recent change in which i tried to make it so that it installs some Applications like Google Chrome by default. However, when i...
  4. Making a Bootable Win10/11 Installation Bootable USB on M1/2Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a Bootable Win10/11 Installation Bootable USB on M1/2Mac: Ok folks, 1 don’t fall for the BS post for folks trying to sell you software. It’s a scam!2 on your Mac, install the trial of Parralells. This a a full featured 7 day trial and has in the virtual machine a full version on either Win10 or Win11.3 in Win10/11 on your Mac,...
  5. Making a Bootable Win10/11 Installation Bootable USB on M1/2Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a Bootable Win10/11 Installation Bootable USB on M1/2Mac: Ok folks, 1 don’t fall for the BS post for folks trying to sell you software. It’s a scam!2 on your Mac, install the trial of Parralells. This a a full featured 7 day trial and has in the virtual machine a full version on either Win10 or Win11.3 in Win10/11 on your Mac,...
  6. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Bootable USB installation question: A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this...
  7. Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac: Hello! I’m a pretty tech savvy person, which is why I decided to take on this task. I’m primarily a Mac user (I’m a graphic designer) but can work cross-platform (my day job keeps me on a machine running Win7 and I use a VM on that computer for a system running what looks...
  8. Win10 not seeing bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 not seeing bootable USB: Hi, I've added a Linux live disk (ISO) to a USB drive using Rufus & changed the UEFI so all the USB boot options are the preferred ones. My laptop still does not see the USB during boot (also the light on the USB drive stays off as if it's receiving no power). Any...
  9. Clean Install: Can't boot- error 0xc000000f

Clean Install: Can't boot- error 0xc000000f: Hi, Last night i got a blue screen on my computer (custom build) and after searching for some solutions to the error code it spat out, I decided to upgrade to win10 (from 7) as suggestions pointed to a clean windows install. I downloaded win10 and put it on a USB stick,...
  10. Error 0xc000000f on Clean Install of Windows 10

Error 0xc000000f on Clean Install of Windows 10: I just got a new laptop (HP Envy 13-d004na) which had Windows 10 already installed but along with a heap of bloatware that was still leaving entries in context menus and the like even after I'd uninstalled everything with Revo so I decided to do a clean install but I'm having...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc000000f installing windows 10

2. bsod when trying to install windows from a bootable flash