Windows 10: Trying to clean install Windows 10/11 on HP Pavilion cc123cl with Samsung Evo 970 SSD

Discus and support Trying to clean install Windows 10/11 on HP Pavilion cc123cl with Samsung Evo 970 SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,My laptop bricked out a few months ago and I am currently trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 or 11. However, in the Windows Setup section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Akio F., May 26, 2023.

1. Akio F. Win User

Trying to clean install Windows 10/11 on HP Pavilion cc123cl with Samsung Evo 970 SSD

Hello,My laptop bricked out a few months ago and I am currently trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 or 11. However, in the Windows Setup section showing the partitions, I keep getting errors saying "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one."I've looked at resources online about deleting the partitions and creating them again, but I get an error code saying "We couldn't delete the selected partition [Error: 0x80070017]."In addition, I've tried deleting the partition using cmd prompt and diskpart, but I get an error saying "Diskpart has encountered an error: Data error

:)

Akio F., May 26, 2023

2. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Thanks for your reply.

There is no driver software with the drive. The box only has the SSD and an information booklet. I did go to the Samsung website to find drivers but the only ones there are drivers that
    support Samsung NVMe SSDs: SSD 970 PRO, 970 EVO, 970 EVO Plus, 960 PRO, 960 EVO and 950 PRO.

Also, the Samsung Magician software fails to recognize the drive. According to page 8 of the installation guide: "3) Magician shows only volumes mounted with letter." Since
    I can't assign a drive letter that is of no use.

On another message board there is the suggestion to use a SATA to USB adapter which I'm going to try when the adapter comes in on Thursday. After that is third party formatting software.

WalterRice1, May 26, 2023
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, May 26, 2023
  4. NishCAAUS Win User

Trying to clean install Windows 10/11 on HP Pavilion cc123cl with Samsung Evo 970 SSD

Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

Hi

I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option.

I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see SSD in the maintenance of BIOS.

What am I missing?

NishCAAUS, May 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Trying to clean install Windows 10/11 on HP Pavilion cc123cl with Samsung Evo 970 SSD - Similar Threads - Trying clean install

2. Trying to clean install Windows 10/11 on HP Pavilion cc123cl with Samsung Evo 970 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to clean install Windows 10/11 on HP Pavilion cc123cl with Samsung Evo 970 SSD: Hello,My laptop bricked out a few months ago and I am currently trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 or 11. However, in the Windows Setup section showing the partitions, I keep getting errors saying "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one."I've...
  3. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO: Hello, I have a Samsung 970 EVO disk and I am installing windows 10 but when installing it asks me for some drivers, I only find them as an .exe file but when loading them on the installation screen I do not see them inside the usb, I have to load another type archive? if so,...
  4. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO: Hello, I have a Samsung 970 EVO disk and I am installing windows 10 but when installing it asks me for some drivers, I only find them as an .exe file but when loading them on the installation screen I do not see them inside the usb, I have to load another type archive? if so,...
  5. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Samsung 970 Evo plus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 970 Evo plus: I get a NVMe M.2 970 evo plus but it doesnt recognized by the Laptop dell 17 7778. I update all and nothing happebed. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-970-evo-plus/2c09339e-e232-4f0f-95ce-ba1497444441
  7. Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2: Hi I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option. I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see...
  8. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung: Hi, I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install it popups a...
  9. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung: Hi, I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install it popups a...
  10. Samsung Evo 970 BSoD

Samsung Evo 970 BSoD: I have recently purchased a Samsung Evo 970. I decided to put a fresh install of windows 10 onto it, everything worked fine. I then proceeded to the windows update centre to install the newest updates. When it got around to downloading the Windows April 2018 update that is...