Windows 10: Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock

Discus and support Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Wasn't sure what forum to this in: I'm trying to close my HD to an SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant. It errored out right at the end with Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by flightmedic, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock

Wasn't sure what forum to this in:

I'm trying to close my HD to an SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant. It errored out right at the end with Error Code 5. It could not lock the volume. I rebooted as the instructions said and nothing.

When plugged into USB it is indeed cloned but as D:.

I tried swapping it out and the laptop said "no bootable media" or wording to that effect. It would not boot.

Anyone know how to lock the volume or get it to boot without having to spend the next 4 hours cloning the drive again?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

:)

flightmedic, Apr 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Cloning HD

I don't know about Acronis, but I use the Free version of
    AOMEI Partition Assistant
    to clone Drives and have never had any trouble . . .

Click HERE for a step by step on cloning your hard drive with AOMEI

DaveM121, Apr 12, 2019
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Cloning a SSD Drive

Downloaded and Installed AOMEI Backupper as suggested. Reading the instructions at the AMOEI site as to how to use the Cloning feature does make it look real easy and simple.....

When you open AMOEI the Clone Feature has a LOCK on it. When you click on CLONE a page open instructing you that you must Post a "Like" Text on a Social Media Page you are subscribed to before the Clone feature will be unlocked. Choices were Google, FaceBook
    and Twitter. The instructions were to post the text on your Social media Site and then enter that sites URL in the Block in AMOEI and cloning would be Unlocked. I copied the suggested Text, went to my FaceBook site, pasted the text on my Board and clicked
    share with all my Friends. I then pasted that FaceBook URL in AOMEI as directed and it came back it couldn't find the "KeyWord".....and cloning is still Locked.

Is this what you had to go thru to use the Cloning feature of AMOEI? I have not figured out what I have done wrong. Right now my FaceBook page shows the required AOMEO Text and I have shared it with all my friends....so I have done what seems to be required.....AOMEI
    is getting advertising......and I have nothing. If I can't get this figured out I will go back and post an entry on my facebook page advising my friends...the AMOEI BackUpper may be easy to use.....but the problem is, you cannot use the Cloning feature and
    this is not disclosed to you until after you have installed MOEI. I really was looking forward to Cloning my New SDD drive and have it running in my PC...but all I have is an installed AMOEI with the Clone feature....Locked...and, I have given them some free
    advertising.

denmarfl, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock

0xc000000e windows 10 cloned on ssd

Thanks for your help,

After trying several possible solutions here is what made the job :

I cleaned entirely my ssd (diskpart)

repaired the boot of my hdd (bootrec /rebuildbcd)

managed to boot on my hdd

cloned the hdd system with macrium to ssd (great job macrium !!! same job with aomei failed ...)

booted on ssd ...

AND IT'S A VICTORY !!!

AymericJOUON, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock

1. Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock - Similar Threads - Trying Clone SSD

2. Clone SSD constant errors tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clone SSD constant errors tried everything: I've followed your video trying to clone onto new SSD using Macrium Reflect. No matter how many different ways I try and do it I always get the error 9.I always hav eto reformat new SSD after this process fails. I'm lost, can you advise please?ThanksIan...
  3. Clone SSD constant errors tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone SSD constant errors tried everything: I've followed your video trying to clone onto new SSD using Macrium Reflect. No matter how many different ways I try and do it I always get the error 9.I always hav eto reformat new SSD after this process fails. I'm lost, can you advise please?ThanksIan...
  4. Clone SSD constant errors tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clone SSD Fail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clone SSD Fail: Purchased a NVMe SSD to replace a 2.5 SSD that my OS is currently on. Cloned it using Samsung Data Migration software after creating a partition, and changed boot priority to the NVMe in BIOS. The target drive NVMe is now not showing up under This PC folder. Looked in Device...
  6. Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI: So I have a bit of HDD spaghetti I need to sort out so I felt it best to clone my windows 10 drive to an SSD as I will be transferring it to new hardware (also a dell). Ive attached a screenshot of my current disk management screen on the original/old computer. Disk 0 is an...
  7. HD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD clone.: So recently i have bought a new Samsung Evo 860 because i wanted to remove the spinning old HD from my laptop, my old HD had only games so i didn't clone the stuff from HD to new SSD. My question is it fine to just reinstall the games i want or do i need to do somthing before...
  8. error code 5 when trying to install Aomei backupper pro trial

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 5 when trying to install Aomei backupper pro trial: Hi,this is actually kind of a long explanation,it started when I downloaded comodo browser,I saw it loaded an antivirus on my system , but I already have one , so after alot of trouble I manage to uninstall comodo browser ,But then I noticed cloud comodo antivirus still...
  9. Clone laptop hd to SSD not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clone laptop hd to SSD not working: I cloned laptop to SSD and it says cloned successfully. I stick the SSD into the laptop and it doesn't work. Messages on screen say ' Initialising and establishing link' Then ' DHCP' with a flashing slash' 'Exiting intel boot agent cannot boot from any device' then to a...
  10. Error Cloning HD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant, Error Code 5

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Error Cloning HD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant, Error Code 5: I'm trying to close my HD to an SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant. It errored out right at the end with Error Code 5. It could not lock the volume. I rebooted as the instructions said and nothing. When plugged into USB it is indeed cloned but as D:. I tried swapping it out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to unlock the volume aomei

2. Failed to unlock volume aomei

3. aomei partition assistant failed to unlock the volume

4. aomei failed to unlock the volume,
  5. aomei 4101 error clone,
  6. aomei partition assistant AND error 5,
  7. clone ssd from aomei and disconnect internet,
  8. amoei clone drive errors