Windows 10: Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone

Discus and support Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to close.my mums account as she has passed away would like to.speak with someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Catherine Ross1, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone

Trying to close.my mums account as she has passed away would like to.speak with someone

:)

Catherine Ross1, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Chris Tu Win User

How do I close an account for my mother who passed away in May 2021?

After my mum passed away in 2021 I deleted all personal information from her laptop and it hasn't been used since. The laptop is still functioning and I'd like to be able to use it. I know the pin in order to log on to the laptop but I can't recall the password for her Microsoft account so I'm unable to get any further. The email account associated with her Microsoft account was closed and I am unable to answer the other security questions in order to log in to her account to close it that way.

Chris Tu, Jan 4, 2024
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How can I clean these .MUM and .CAT files from failed updates?

DISM /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup is used only clean up the component WinSXS folder and is advisable after every cummulative updates, It will clean up quite a bit of space.
    If you list all .mum & .cat files in deltail view, you'd see the date and also the KB in question. I have mine listed and most of them dated back in sept. 2017
    These files are owned by Trusted Installer and cannot be deleted even if you are the Administrator.
    Try:
    1. Take ownership of these files and delete them. If failed, go to step 2
    2. Download: PowerRun v1.3 (Run with highest privileges)
      then run. Click on the Command icon to run as Trusted Installer, cd to the folder then delete them.
    3. An easy way is to boot up Linux then delete them.

If those KB's failed to update, you can safely delete them. Since I have a backup image, I booted into Linux and delete them all. Once back to Windows, Manually download the latest KB4093105 that update Windows to 16299.402 by passing all the updates in between.
    You can use this link from @EdTittel post #1 or use mine in post #2 of this link, whatever you feel comfortable:
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog Windows 10 Tutorials

FYI, Even in this folder, there are thousands of .mum, .cat files but they don't occupy much space. After delete all the .mum and .cat files in mine, Windows re-created 1,668 files just to install KB4093105 and occupy 22MB total.

Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone 186091d1524682422t-how-can-i-clean-these-mum-cat-files-failed-updates-p1.jpg

topgundcp, Jan 4, 2024
  4. Vesao Win User

Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 4, 2024
Thema:

Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone

1. Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone - Similar Threads - Trying close mums

2. Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to close my mums account as she has passed away.would like to speak to someone: Trying to close.my mums account as she has passed away would like to.speak with someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-close-my-mums-account-as-she-has-passed/8e1ee0a7-3000-491a-8768-ddb8929f1a82
  3. Speak to someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speak to someone: Hello,I have been trying to speak to someone regarding a refund for a subscription i believe my son had mistakenly signed up for. I am having such a hard time trying to get this resolved. I have tried to request to speak to an agent, but it keeps saying i cannot be called at...
  4. I need to speak to someone on my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to speak to someone on my account?: I need to speak to someone about my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-speak-to-someone-on-my-account/f12d5b7d-1929-4ced-aeeb-e3a9f5a9098c
  5. I need to speak to someone on my account?

I need to speak to someone on my account?: I need to speak to someone about my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-speak-to-someone-on-my-account/f12d5b7d-1929-4ced-aeeb-e3a9f5a9098c
  6. My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....: My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in. How do I request a list of logins to my account?...
  7. My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....: My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in. How do I request a list of logins to my account?...
  8. My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....

9. I would like to speak to a support tech

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to speak to a support tech: I an unable to receive or send emails on my business account. I need to change administrators. I closed my business but I kept my business email. I have had no problems until last week, Thank you for your help....
  10. I would like to speak to a support tech

I would like to speak to a support tech: I an unable to receive or send emails on my business account. I need to change administrators. I closed my business but I kept my business email. I have had no problems until last week, Thank you for your help....