Windows 10: Trying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D

Discus and support Trying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new printer and put the cd in to download the drivers. I have auto-play on and all it brought up was configure for storage. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KenMart, Mar 1, 2021.

1. KenMart Win User

Trying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D

I just bought a new printer and put the cd in to download the drivers. I have auto-play on and all it brought up was configure for storage. There is suppose to be a start.exe. When I look in file manager the only file that shows is desktop.ini. I've tried dos to change to D and PowerShell and I get "cannot find path "D:\' because it does not exist. This happened once before and that's when I noticed autoplay was off and switched it on. Then the CD started and I was able to get the hardware utilities. But it's not working for this printer. In AutoPlay, I see a removable drive and memory card. When I look in device manager I see PLDS CDC+-RW DH-24AASS SCI CdRom Device.

There are 3 events all data 8/22/2020. The first one says device migration. The second is Device configured cdrom.inf. The third says device started.

Any help would be most welcomed.

:)

KenMart, Mar 1, 2021

2. CD ROM Drive (DTrying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D :)

The CD Rom Drive (DTrying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D :) got changed to DVD RW Drive (DTrying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D :) during windows update. How do I change it back to CD ROM Drive instead of DVD RW Drive which I don't need.

MarrietIgnacio, Mar 1, 2021
  3. CD/DVD burner D: not showing up on file explorer

CD/DVD disk drive does not show up on file explorer.
    If I put in a SW disk it shows up and I can read it but if i put in a blank disk it does not show up and D: is not shown on the drive list.

user1034945, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Shaymoses Win User

CD recognition on drive D.

fouund nothing but thanks anyway. will try new cd's and NERO program... esn

Shaymoses, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D - Similar Threads - Trying cnange DVD

2. My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?: My recent Windows update impacted my D drive's ability to read CD and DVD discs. Did the latest Windows 10 update did not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-will-not-read-a-dvd-disc/2075163d-933f-48a0-83f9-c11e1d0e1554
  3. My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive will not read a DVD disc ?: My recent Windows update impacted my D drive's ability to read CD and DVD discs. Did the latest Windows 10 update did not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-will-not-read-a-dvd-disc/2075163d-933f-48a0-83f9-c11e1d0e1554
  4. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  5. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  6. D drive for cd/dvd not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  7. DVD / C D labels

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD / C D labels: Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it. A friend of mine has just given me a loD of the circular cd labels,don’t know what make they are. So thought of looking for some software so maybe use some of...
  8. I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It...: D: drive does not show up as storage. Trying to load TurboTax from DVD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-load-turbotax-from-dvd-d-drive-it/f28a76b9-c8e3-498c-be26-316d55f0021f"
  9. CD Dive (D:)

CD Dive (D:): my HP Laptop (Probook) by default doesn't have a CD Rom installed but when I click on computer I see the CD Drive (D:) icon there. please why is so and what can I do to remove it?[ATTACH]...
  10. DVD (D:) missing from "This PC" & No DVD/ CD-ROM drive in device manager. (With many other...

DVD (D:) missing from "This PC" & No DVD/ CD-ROM drive in device manager. (With many other...: Greetings! This is an extraordinarily complex issue and I will try to cut this as short but as detailed as possible. Recently I got a game, a pc rom of a game, I put it into the PC and after a few unrelated issues and troubleshooting, I got the game to work, however, during...