Windows 10: Trying to code in notepad.

Discus and support Trying to code in notepad. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here is my code... can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? using Sublime Text btw (enter name) set /p name= @echo Hello %name%, are you ready... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TJ Huck, Sep 10, 2019.

1. TJ Huck Win User

Trying to code in notepad.

Here is my code... can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? using Sublime Text btw

(enter name)

set /p name=

@echo Hello %name%, are you ready to go on an adventure?

:menu

@echo

@echo 1) Start adventure

@echo 2) Exit

set/pnumber=

if %number% == 1 goto ':E'

if %number% == 2 goto exit

':E'

:start

@echo Hello %name%! You are on a journey to stop the troll on the southernmost island.

@echo You will encounter many people on your journey. Allies, Enemies, and the Like.

@echo I am the Spirit that will guide you on your journey, type hint at any time to get a hint.

if %hint% goto ':hints'

':hints'

@echo Choose a hint

@echo 1

@echo 2

@echo 3

@echo 4

if %1% goto ':A'

if %2% goto ':B'

if %3% goto ':C'

if %4% goto 'Trying to code in notepad. :D'

':A'

@echo Be sure to drop by the merchant for some armor and weapons. You have 2000 Gold pieces

':B'

@echo The troll is South. You can rent a boat ride for 20gp. The boat ride is mostly safe.

':C'

@echo Use a Sword. They are more effective.

'Trying to code in notepad. :D'

@echo The troll hits hard. Be sure to dodge.

@echo This is

:)

TJ Huck, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 10, 2019
  4. JCabebe Win User

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to code in notepad. - Similar Threads - Trying code notepad

2. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  3. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  4. Alt-codes not working on Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-codes not working on Notepad: Something very strange is happening with Notepad. This is a new problem appearing a few days ago. Typing 'Alt-26' works the first time, then a strange character appears the second time, then an empty box, and then nothing appears no matter what Alt-code I try. Sometimes it...
  5. Alt-codes not working on Notepad

Alt-codes not working on Notepad: Something very strange is happening with Notepad. This is a new problem appearing a few days ago. Typing 'Alt-26' works the first time, then a strange character appears the second time, then an empty box, and then nothing appears no matter what Alt-code I try. Sometimes it...
  6. Typing an ASCII Code in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing an ASCII Code in Notepad: I was working on a draft in notepad. I was trying to input ñ alt+164. It will work at first and when I type it again, a appears; then suddenly, I can no longer type any ASCII code. Thank you....
  7. Typing an ASCII Code in Notepad

Typing an ASCII Code in Notepad: I was working on a draft in notepad. I was trying to input ñ alt+164. It will work at first and when I type it again, a appears; then suddenly, I can no longer type any ASCII code. Thank you....
  8. Notepad vs Notepads

Notepad vs Notepads: Earlier I have mention about Notepads, instead of Notepad. I want to show you a difference I have just discovered between them... and more reason to prefer Notepads over Notepad. Look at the emojisAlso, notice Notepads has tabs, ergo, can do more than one note in the same...
  9. can anyone help me code in vbs on notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can anyone help me code in vbs on notepad: i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-code-in-vbs-on-notepad/0764048d-2583-43fd-bdb0-f75f81eb8da1
  10. Notepad coding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notepad coding: I've heard you can code HTML using Notepad, but what other languages can be used on notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/notepad-coding/f6698840-fc0f-48f7-bcbc-7944cbddc01b