Windows 10: Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error

Discus and support Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; LIBCMT.libchkstk.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'is the error in questionhere's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael Berlin1, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error

LIBCMT.libchkstk.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'is the error in questionhere's the command line and flags:CC = "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\SDK\ScopeCppSDK\vc15\VC\bin\CL.exe"CFLAGS = -D_WIN32 -DDEBUG /c /nologo /GR /GX /W3 /Gy /MT /ZiI'm trying to compile it for x86. I've also tried using vssalsx86.bat to change the environment, but that doesn't work. Neither does using the x86 native tools compiler command line.Any ideas?

:)

Michael Berlin1, Jun 7, 2023

2. Question about using nmake

So lately I have been playing with common LISP, I have been using the clisp implimentation to get a feel for it and now I wanted to try a different implimentation: Embeddable Common LISP(ECL).

ECL however is only distributed as source that you have to build yourself, something I have admittedly never done before.

The instructions on their website basically say "navigate to the msvc directory of the dowloaded source and run nmake".

I tried doing this, When I just use nmake i get the "No operable program or batch file message" so I tried running the nmake executable with the full path e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\nmake.exe".

When I run nmake like that I get and output that seems to be an error message(see attached txt file for the message text) and it doesn't build.

I am using visual studio 2008 professional(I get a free copy because I'm a college student).

Am I just using nmake incorrectly(most probable answer) or is there a deeper problem here?

Any help is appreciated.

p.s. Sorry for the long post, I was just trying to be as descriptive as possible.

unibrow1990, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Azhar Win User
    RPi2 from Windows cross compilation Error "The test for linking against libxcb failed!"

Error in Cross Compilation, I am using Qt5.0, Windows10, Raspberry Pi 2.
    I was following this tutorial and the process failed at step 16 and tried with its suggestion but cannot find a solution.

Error prompted after step 16 is:

Running configuration tests...
    The test for linking against libxcb failed!
    Use of pkg-config is not enabled, maybe you want to pass -force-pkg-config?
    You might need to install dependency packages for libxcb.
    See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README.

and when I printed log in file as tutorial suggested, there are some errors mentioned like:

• cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-fuse-ld=gold'
    • error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    • etc.

I tried but still find no solution.

Azhar, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error

WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error

1. Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error - Similar Threads - Trying compile file

2. Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error: LIBCMT.libchkstk.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'is the error in questionhere's the command line and flags:CC = "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual...
  3. Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to compile a file using nmake, keep getting an error: LIBCMT.libchkstk.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'is the error in questionhere's the command line and flags:CC = "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual...
  4. Keep getting errors when trying to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting errors when trying to update: I was given this laptop by my brother and just did now want to fool with it. I have a decent background on working and fixing minor issues with laptops and iphones for family and friends. While looking into this i have tried many solutions on the forums here and other...
  5. Keep getting errors when trying to update

Keep getting errors when trying to update: I was given this laptop by my brother and just did now want to fool with it. I have a decent background on working and fixing minor issues with laptops and iphones for family and friends. While looking into this i have tried many solutions on the forums here and other...
  6. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors: Greetings. I am trying to use my Android phone as a security key, however I keep getting errors without any insight. On the setup process, I was asked to scan a QR code on my phone, and after that a prompt popped-up on it. I was asked to verify that it is me, and after doing...
  7. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors: Greetings. I am trying to use my Android phone as a security key, however I keep getting errors without any insight. On the setup process, I was asked to scan a QR code on my phone, and after that a prompt popped-up on it. I was asked to verify that it is me, and after doing...
  8. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to install a game and keep getting errors: Trying to install Forza Horizon 5 and I keep getting the error Code: 0x80070070 which is not enough space on my drive. It is trying to download it on my C drive which there is not enough room on but I want it on my D drive but it just keeps saying "Code: 0x80070070". I tried...
  10. Trying to Upgrade Keep getting Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Upgrade Keep getting Error: Dell Lattitude laptop, refurbished, with Win 7 Pro. Tried upgrading from the desktop "Get Windows 10" utility. Part-way around the upgrade wheel get a blue screen that says Windows needs to be repaired, missing file or device. Restored Win 7 from an image I had created on...