Windows 10: Trying to configure VPN

Discus and support Trying to configure VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to configure my router for use with a VPN. Within windows 10 I've already added the VPN information in settings, and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arily, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Arily Win User

Trying to configure VPN

Hello,
    I'm trying to configure my router for use with a VPN.

Within windows 10 I've already added the VPN information in settings, and I can connect successfully.

My modem/router is a Technicolor DPC3941T

I had configured port forwarding PPTP common service port TCP/UDP 1723 and changed the firewall to low.

However after connecting when going to a simple site like google I'm getting 0 connection.

Now comcast offers a free 35 day free trial of Freedome VPN which I thought I would download and try and it's working perfectly fine without having to configure the router or change any settings at all...I just open the program and hit turn on. I'm sure this is different then what I'm trying to do I only mentioned it because I know I can use a VPN...I just don't know how to configure it, and what I'm doing wrong.

:)

Arily, Sep 28, 2017
  2. petrib Win User

N95 and Cisco VPN

The Nokia Mobile VPN client should work with a Cisco VPN gateway.

The difficulty with it is configuring it. The configuration program (to create, so called, VPN policies for the client software) is a separate server, Nokia Security Service Manager, and comes with the Nokia VPN Gateway (which you don't need, if you already
    have one).

See here for people trying to create the policy files manually:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80837

petrib, Sep 28, 2017
  3. C7 and VPN

Thank you for your prompt reply but this is not what I am looking for : I am not trying to set up VOIP , it is just VPN settings . I tried searching the internet for that , downloaded two pdf files about ' Nokia Configuration Tool 6.0 ' but in vain . Anyone
    know how to configure C7 for VPN settings ? or just know an other VPN software ? Best Regards !

leeeeeeelo, Sep 28, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Trying to configure VPN

I would try OpenVPN. Comcast should not be blocking anything. See this info from Portforward about opening ports. How to open a port on the Cisco DPC3941T XFINITY If that gateway allows for "Bridge" mode, that would allow you to use your own router and have complete open to the Internet without having to deal with the firewall on the device that Arris has used their form of IPTables.

bro67, Sep 30, 2017
  5. Arily Win User
    It does have a bridge mode, however I do not have the funds to buy another router.

I already know how to open the ports on the current modem/router combo...but the VPN still isn't working.

Arily, Sep 30, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Port Forward is a starting point. Using OpenVPN, not the built in Windows VPN that is not worth anything is what you need to do. Go here for the Community Download. The installer is last one in the Table. The forum is top notch with people that work with OpenVPN all day. Community Downloads You can get a router for around $30 that is a lot better than the one you have. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DWFPDNO..._t1_B00DNA2G3I

bro67, Sep 30, 2017
  7. Arily Win User
    So your saying I can't get this to work unless I buy a new router, or just a suggestion I should get one?

Arily, Oct 1, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Trying to configure VPN

I am stating that you can do a lot better by using Bridge Mode and using your own device instead of the locked down one for the eMTA.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Trying to configure VPN

1. Trying to configure VPN - Similar Threads - Trying configure VPN

2. Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VPN Client - Configuration options: Hello everyone,I'm currently deploying the Azure VPN Client in a enterprise environment to several users. However, I noticed that there are not many settings that can be configured during the installation. Below an overview of settings I would like to have configured during...
  3. Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure VPN Client - Configuration options: Hello everyone,I'm currently deploying the Azure VPN Client in a enterprise environment to several users. However, I noticed that there are not many settings that can be configured during the installation. Below an overview of settings I would like to have configured during...
  4. Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPN can not be connected after be configured

VPN can not be connected after be configured: Hi all:I am trying to configure an build in windows VPN . I followed instruction step by step. it is more or less like the following operation.https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/connect-to-a-vpn-in-windows-10-3d29aeb1-f497-f6b7-7633-115722c1009ci configured 3 laptop....
  6. So... I have an unwanted VPN on my PC. It's not in the VPN configuration settings. Can...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So... I have an unwanted VPN on my PC. It's not in the VPN configuration settings. Can...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I-say-CRONCH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/js0hw4/so_i_have_an_unwanted_vpn_on_my_pc_its_not_in_the/
  7. Windows 10 Built-In VPN Configuration Help

Windows 10 Built-In VPN Configuration Help: I am trying to setup a VPN connection with windows built-in VPN, but I don't think my IPsec sharing settings will work with the built in VPN, so I thought I might get a second opinion would ask my senior tech supervisor, but he is away for a week. Usually I would install a...
  8. VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server

in Windows 10 News
    VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are several VPN errors, but unlike many errors, VPN Error 812 is not very common that users may come across. However, just because this is an uncommon problem, it does not mean that it cannot be resolved. In this [...] This post VPN error 812,...
  9. BSOD after trying to connect to VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after trying to connect to VPN: I'm hoping someone can help me - starting today, every time I try to access my VPN, exactly 5 minutes later I get a BSOD, with the driver irql not less or equal, and the problem is the tcpip.sys. It won't access the VPN (can't recall exactly what the message is - a long...
  10. How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically: I have a VPN that I wish to connect to every time I start the system, instead of starting it manually. How can I do that in Windows 10 (I'm fairly sure it could be done in Windows 7)? Thanks Dave 83980