Windows 10: Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer.

Discus and support Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a HP LaserJet 6P printer. I know, OLD, but still works great. Trying to connect to my computer without success. Computer is an ACER M4 Series PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonGallaher, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer.

Have a HP LaserJet 6P printer. I know, OLD, but still works great. Trying to connect to my computer without success.

Computer is an ACER M4 Series PC with Windows 10 Pro - 64bit ver 2004

Cable has IEEE ECP 1284C at printer and USB 2.0 at computer.

Computer does NOT have a parallel port installed

HP website had nothing for Win 10 NT was last driver for this printer dated 2002

Could find nothing on MS site

Any help or something to point me in the right direction would be appreciated

Regards, Don

:)

DonGallaher, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Kseee Win User

Windows 10 HP LaserJet 6p printer issues

Ok, I got Win 10 to find and install the old HP LaserJet 6p.

It says it has the most up-todate driver, however it gives an "error printing on HP Laserjet 6p"/ "the printer could not print this".

No matter what I send it, even the "TEST PAGE"!

Kseee, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - driver needed for HP Laserjet 6P

I just updated computer to Windows 10

I cannot find the driver for HP Laserjet 6P.

I tried to find it in the list of printers and did not find it.

Where do I find it or get the driver download?

79OakRidge, Jan 8, 2021
  4. kostenzer Win User

Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer.

How to install HP Laserjet 6p in win 10

I reinstalled win 10. Now there is no Hp Laserjet 6p in the printer list anymore.
    Before installing I did what is in this tutorial:
    Backup and Restore Printers in Windows

I found it afterwards, but I did what is told here.

It goes wrong regarding the HP LJ 6p. He was installed in win 10 64 and I wanted it to in stall it again in win 10 64.
    I get a message that tels it is a 32 bits driver.
    I'm aware of this:

I have a laptop win 10 64 left with installed Hp laserjet 6p.

Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer. [​IMG]

Are there possibilities to copy something from the working laptop to the new installed desktop to get this printer working?

I can publish the error log here, but it is in Dutch....

Regards

kostenzer, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer.

1. Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer. - Similar Threads - Trying connect LaserJet

2. Why my Hp LaserJet printer is not connecting to my windows 11 pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Hp LaserJet printer is not connecting to my windows 11 pc?: Recently I just switched to Windows 11 from Win 10. When I was in windows 10 I had no problem related to printer connection. But since I switched to windows 11 when I try to connect the printer it's not happening.Actually, to be precise when I connected my offline printer to...
  3. Why my Hp LaserJet printer is not connecting to my windows 11 pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my Hp LaserJet printer is not connecting to my windows 11 pc?: Recently I just switched to Windows 11 from Win 10. When I was in windows 10 I had no problem related to printer connection. But since I switched to windows 11 when I try to connect the printer it's not happening.Actually, to be precise when I connected my offline printer to...
  4. HP laserjet 1012 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laserjet 1012 printer: I purchased a new desktop, a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 10 or 11. I can't seem to get my "old" printer to work with it. It shows up in my device settings but won't print a test page. I'm unable to locate drivers for it on Dell's website. Is my printer simply too old for...
  5. HP laserjet 1012 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laserjet 1012 printer: I purchased a new desktop, a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 10 or 11. I can't seem to get my "old" printer to work with it. It shows up in my device settings but won't print a test page. I'm unable to locate drivers for it on Dell's website. Is my printer simply too old for...
  6. HP 3390 LaserJet printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 3390 LaserJet printer: I have a problem with my HP 3390 laserjet printer. I connected it to my new Surface laptop but cannot use it. Can you help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-3390-laserjet-printer/a74a2323-12a2-4215-9d0a-5152cc121e18
  7. How to install HP Laserjet 6p in win 10

How to install HP Laserjet 6p in win 10: I reinstalled win 10. Now there is no Hp Laserjet 6p in the printer list anymore. Before installing I did what is in this tutorial: Backup and Restore Printers in Windows I found it afterwards, but I did what is told here. It goes wrong regarding the HP LJ 6p. He was...
  8. UNINSTALLING HP Laserjet 1320 Printer

UNINSTALLING HP Laserjet 1320 Printer: I have an old printer (HP LaserJet 1320) installed in my windows 10 notebook. As the printer is not working fully as expected (i.e. the printer only prints only one copy of a document when it is asked to print several copies at a time), I was advised to uninstall the printer...
  9. hp color laserjet 3600n printer

hp color laserjet 3600n printer: how do i install driver for this printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-color-laserjet-3600n-printer/b5efc1ed-a20f-4990-b6e7-eaf5aec6485c
  10. HP LaserJet 6P drivers

HP LaserJet 6P drivers: Since I can't response to an earlier discussion: Those of you looking for a driver for HP LaserJet 6P could try the HP Universal Driver 6.10. This is the last one that contains PCL5. The one from Windows Update didn't load properly when installing the printer on my...