Windows 10: trying to connect to a remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop

Discus and support trying to connect to a remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello . I am working on MAC First I connect successfully with GlobalProject to the network of the company. Then I try to connect to the remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xflamant, Jul 9, 2020.

1. xflamant Win User

trying to connect to a remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop

Hello . I am working on MAC

First I connect successfully with GlobalProject to the network of the company.

Then I try to connect to the remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop entering the IP adress, but it does not work. Do you have an idea how to resolve ?

:)

xflamant, Jul 9, 2020

2. Error: 0x204 when trying to connect to server using Microsoft remote desktop app on Mac

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving the error 0x204 when trying to connect to the server using the Microsoft remote desktop app for Mac.

You can try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

1. Quit the remote desktop program on Mac and hold the option key.
    2. Now click on the Go menu to enable the library and select the user’s that.
    3. Now navigate into containers folder and copy com.microsoft.rdc.macos and com.microsoft.rdc.mac and paste it on a different location.
    4. Now go back to the user’s library and open the group containers folder
    5. Copy UBF8T346G9.com.microsoft.rdc and paste it on a different location.
    6. Restart the PC.

Also, you can try resetting the network settings for your Mac and see if that helps. Refer the article by Apple on

How to use network locations on your Mac

However, as the issue is related to connecting to server using remote desktop app, I suggest you to post your issue on

TechNet forum
    as we have experts who have more knowledge about connecting to server.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Grincer Win User

trying to connect to a remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop

Where to download a (MS) Remote Desktop Connection app for Mac OSX 10.7.5 to connect to Windows 10?

Since the default Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection app, only works from OSX 10.9 and higher. I can't seem to find one for my Mac OSX 10.7.5. To connect from a Mac to Windows 10.

Does anyone have a suggestion, what's a good remote desktop app to use and where to download it. E.g. can I find an older version from Microsoft to download somewhere?

Grincer, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. trying to connect to a remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop - Similar Threads - trying connect remote

2. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  3. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop - first time I log in from my MAC to windows PC, it will not connect

Microsoft Remote Desktop - first time I log in from my MAC to windows PC, it will not connect: The first time I log in from my MAC to windows PC, it will not connect. I have to manually turn off the PC and then turn it back on to get the MAC to communicate to the PC via MRD. It happens every time. Does anybody know why?Please see photo of what happens on the first...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop - first time I log in from my MAC to windows PC, it will not connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop - first time I log in from my MAC to windows PC, it will not connect: The first time I log in from my MAC to windows PC, it will not connect. I have to manually turn off the PC and then turn it back on to get the MAC to communicate to the PC via MRD. It happens every time. Does anybody know why?Please see photo of what happens on the first...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC: I need help setting up a remote connection from my Mac to my PC. I've enabled the remote desktop on my PC and I've added my PC to the Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac but I cannot get them to connect....
  7. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC: I need help setting up a remote connection from my Mac to my PC. I've enabled the remote desktop on my PC and I've added my PC to the Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac but I cannot get them to connect....
  8. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to enable & use Microsoft Remote Desktop from Mac

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable & use Microsoft Remote Desktop from Mac: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every operating system comes with its own set of quirks and, Windows and Mac are no different. Choosing between the Windows and the Mac is not an easy task and, the choice between the two mostly depends on your usage [...] This post How to enable & use...
  10. Can not connect to a remote PC from MAC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not connect to a remote PC from MAC: I have 2 Macs. I'm on my home network, haven't set-tup a Remote Desktop Gateway and used 127.0.0.1 instead. Connecting from the first one to a Win 10 PC works fine, connection from the second with identical settings results in "We couldn't connect to the remote PC because...