Windows 10: trying to connect to internet with a new laptop and it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid...

Discus and support trying to connect to internet with a new laptop and it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; trying to connect to internet with a new laptop and it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Now what?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CowboyGeorge, Jul 16, 2019.

1. trying to connect to internet with a new laptop and it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid...

trying to connect to internet with a new laptop and it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Now what?

:)

CowboyGeorge, Jul 16, 2019
  2. ArchiMark Win User

Can't Connect to Internet via Ethernet Now on Laptop - Used to Work

Hi,

Don't know what changed, but now when I try to connect to internet on my tiny GPD WIN laptop running Win 10, I get the yellow triangle on the network icon in taskbar and message 'identifying....No internet access'.

I've checked network connection and cable on another laptop and connection works OK.

Checked Device Manager and everything looks OK.

[UPDATE] Just did the Windows Network Troubleshooter.....
    Both WiFi and Ethernet have message:

Any suggestions how to get ethernet working again?

Thank you!

Mark

ArchiMark, Jul 17, 2019
  3. user36160 Win User
    Ethernet Doesn't Have a valid IP configuration - Able to connect through wireless

I am unable to access my internet through on my PC through Ethernet and when I try troubleshooting it says - Problem Found - "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

I tried various methods to solve the error but without any success. Some methods I used are as follows:

1. Disabling Fast Boot
    2. Resetting my Router manually
    3. Going to Command Prompt and typing "ipconfig /release" which gives the message - " An error occurred while releasing Interface Ethernet : An address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint."
    4. Going to Command Prompt and typing "ipconfig /renew" which gives the message - "An error occurred while renewing interface Ethernet : An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permission"

In above steps I used Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges.

I suspect that my PC may have been infected by a virus which is blocking my internet.

Note that I am able to connect to the Internet through Wireless Connection on my mobile device (on which I am accessing this site)

Kindly help

user36160, Jul 17, 2019
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

trying to connect to internet with a new laptop and it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid...

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

trying to connect to internet with a new laptop and it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid...

1. trying to connect to internet with a new laptop and it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid... - Similar Threads - trying connect internet

2. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration”: I just upgraded to BT Hub 5. I haven’t been able to get my desktop Dell Precision Tower 7810 my work horse to connect to the internet due to captioned error.I’ve tried everything from disabling fast start, to reinstalling windows from a recovery date, to command prompt -...
  3. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  4. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  5. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP: I work from home, but lately I've been having issues with my internet dropping. I keep getting this message that the ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, but I never had this issue until anout month or so ago. What can I do to fix this? It's been making working from home very...
  7. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration: After the new update my computer wont connect to the internet over ethernet. Tried ipconfig, netsh commands, restarting the router, checked the cables and everything, but everything seems fine. Tried to connect a Windows laptop to the cable and it worked perfectly, is there...
  8. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration: I can't seem to fix this issue. I've tried different ethernet cables, changed IP seetings, rolled back and uninstalled the network adapter driver, reset my router, etc etc. I came home one evening and had this error, despite not having updated or made any changes to the...
  9. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Problem: intermittent no internet connectivity Running network troubleshooter gives me the error message: "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration My system Toshiba satellite laptop S75 hardwire to a personal modem arris sb6141, my ISP is Comcast xfinity. No router....
  10. Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration: I've been working on this for over two hours now. I have wifi on laptop. In Windows 10 I can't access internet on PC with Ethernet. On the same computer I have a Linux Mint partition and ethernet connection is fine there 160Mbps. I've unplugged (several times) modem and...