Windows 10: Trying to connect to my hotspot on my laptop.

Discus and support Trying to connect to my hotspot on my laptop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to connect to my hotspot on my laptop, but when I try to connect it is saying "Obtaining IP Address". How can I fix this issu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexanderDonaldson1, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Trying to connect to my hotspot on my laptop.

Trying to connect to my hotspot on my laptop, but when I try to connect it is saying "Obtaining IP Address". How can I fix this issu

:)

AlexanderDonaldson1, Jan 29, 2019

2. Laptop cannot connect to mobile hotspot on Windows 10 mobile

Hi Aongola,

As we would need some additional information to troubleshoot the issue.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity.

1. Is the laptop able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?

2. Are other devices able to connect to the mobile hotspot network?

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

Now connect to the new network from the Laptop and check if it gets connected.

Refer the article for steps to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Hope this helps to connect your laptop to Wi-Fi. Do keep us posted.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to my Mobile Hotspot

Hi Augustine,

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Pavan_N, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Trying to connect to my hotspot on my laptop.

Cannot Connect to Mobile Hotspot

Hi,

Forget network.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Trying to connect to my hotspot on my laptop.

1. Trying to connect to my hotspot on my laptop. - Similar Threads - Trying connect hotspot

2. Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.: Hi,I'm trying to use my laptop as a hotspot. I connected my ethernet cable and tried the future. It is working but not in all devices. My problem is all devices can connect to my hotspot other than iPhone. iPhone sees my personal hotspot however, it is not connecting.I tried...
  3. Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.: Hi,I'm trying to use my laptop as a hotspot. I connected my ethernet cable and tried the future. It is working but not in all devices. My problem is all devices can connect to my hotspot other than iPhone. iPhone sees my personal hotspot however, it is not connecting.I tried...
  4. Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My mobile hotspot is not connecting to my laptop whereas it is connecting to other laptops...

My mobile hotspot is not connecting to my laptop whereas it is connecting to other laptops...: I have tried band setting and some other settings like cmd update drivers and network adapters but it still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mobile-hotspot-is-not-connecting-to-my-laptop/fcd10fd2-2fa0-455f-a7c7-b3ac1843ee18
  6. Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...

Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...: Why's my laptop not detecting my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot ? Other systems as mobile and pc detect my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot and my laptop also detects other phone's hotspot. Then why my laptop is not detecting my moblie's Wi-Fi?...
  7. Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...

Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...: Why's my laptop not detecting my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot ? Other systems as mobile and pc detect my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot and my laptop also detects other phone's hotspot.Then why my laptop is not detecting my moblie's Wi-Fi?...
  8. Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop

Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop: Hi everyone, Recently I've been facing a problem with my laptop's network connection. When I try to connect it to my phone's hotspot, it shows I have no internet access, even though I can surf through the net. I've tried to troubleshoot it and it shows me that I have to...
  9. my laptop can't connect to my mobile hotspot

my laptop can't connect to my mobile hotspot: I have an Asus laptop and it can't connect to my mobile hotspot but it can connect with my sister's laptop. Also, my laptop can connect with other people mobile hotspot but not with mine...
  10. my hotspot is not connecting

my hotspot is not connecting: my hotspot is not connecting to my computer. it is not shown in list of available networks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hotspot-is-not-connecting/bd4ec787-1ece-450d-9fb3-af272d5ba8ae