Windows 10: Trying to connect two monitors to my PC using HDMI split adapter. Not detecting both screens

Discus and support Trying to connect two monitors to my PC using HDMI split adapter. Not detecting both screens in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help. I'm using the adapter with both HDMI cord from each monitor. However its only showing two displays. My computer and one of my monitors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krystal_594, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Trying to connect two monitors to my PC using HDMI split adapter. Not detecting both screens

Please help. I'm using the adapter with both HDMI cord from each monitor. However its only showing two displays. My computer and one of my monitors. IDK if its because of the split adapter but I need help.

:)

krystal_594, Oct 3, 2019

2. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 3, 2019
  3. ntnsv Win User
    Windows Explorer Crashes After Dual Screen Monitors Turn Off - Diplayport + HDMI Connections

Platform: Windows 10 Pro Build 14393

Connections: HDMI to Displayport adapter on one screen native HDMI on the other

Hi everyone,

I am using a desktop PC with 2 AOC monitors that are connected to an Nvidia Quadro 2000 via

• Native HDMI
    • HDMI to Displayport adapter to the Displayport in the graphics card
    I am using Windows 10's Snap function all the time and whenever the screens turn off due to power saving settings, when I turn on the screen again, it seems that Windows Explorer restarts and the snaps are out of order - Instead of having windows on quarters
    of the screen, the windows are on halves and they are all on the left screen only. I am assuming that this is because of the system's different detection times of both monitors due to the different modes of connections to the screens but is there anything
    that can be done to prevent the snaps from getting out of order?

Thanks,

ntnsv, Oct 3, 2019
  4. PYO
    pyo Win User

Trying to connect two monitors to my PC using HDMI split adapter. Not detecting both screens

PC will not detect second monitor

So....I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my pc but it is not able to detect the second monitor. OS is windows 10 and my gfx card is a geforce gtx 1050. there are 2 hdmi ports and one dvi port on the dedicated gfx card - main screen is connected via hdmi (which is working fine) but the second monitor i'm trying to connect only has a vga port so i'm using a dvi-vga converter. all the connections should be fine and all my drivers are up to date. i tried detecting the second screen through the nvidia control options and the windows display options but I'm not able to get my pc to detect the second monitor. if anyone can help me troubleshoot this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance.

Thema:

Trying to connect two monitors to my PC using HDMI split adapter. Not detecting both screens

1. Trying to connect two monitors to my PC using HDMI split adapter. Not detecting both screens - Similar Threads - Trying connect monitors

2. both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated: i have got a hdmi splitter for my pc in the hopes to extend my display. both displays are connected and working but they are only duplicated. i went into display settings to change it but i couldnt and when i click detect the pc is unable to detect the 2nd monitor even though...
  3. How to connect two additional monitors to a laptop using an HDMI splitter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect two additional monitors to a laptop using an HDMI splitter?: I have two monitors plugged into an HDMI splitter, which is plugged into my work laptop. Although both monitors are connected, the laptop will only detect one at a time. Each monitor works if it is the only monitor connected, but when both monitors are connected, only one...
  4. How to connect two additional monitors to a laptop using an HDMI splitter?

How to connect two additional monitors to a laptop using an HDMI splitter?: I have two monitors plugged into an HDMI splitter, which is plugged into my work laptop. Although both monitors are connected, the laptop will only detect one at a time. Each monitor works if it is the only monitor connected, but when both monitors are connected, only one...
  5. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  6. HDMI not detecting monitor

HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  7. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  8. Split Screen Using the Same Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Split Screen Using the Same Monitor: While I realize having multiple screens using multiple monitors is possible, I am also wondering if it is possible to use one screen as though it were two monitors. Say you have one large monitor, using Windows 10 would it be possible to convert that single monitor so it...
  9. split screen not Detecting

split screen not Detecting: I have a VGA splitter for my 2 monitors, when i go into settings to try and detect my screens it shows no detection's. I've tried to update drivers but it shows i have the latest update. i'm lost and frustrated cant get my 2 monitors to split. can someone help?...
  10. Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable

Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable: I have XPS13 and recent purchase of thunderbolt docking station tb16. all are dell products (laptop, docking and monitors) . The 3rd monitor is not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable that leads to the docking station (since for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to connect 2 screen displays to docking station using displayPort & DVI cable