Windows 10: Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network

Discus and support Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After some searching on the net I have my old PC able to access my new PC. However I cannot access my old PC from my new PC. Any suggestions will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by McKenzieGibson, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network

After some searching on the net I have my old PC able to access my new PC. However I cannot access my old PC from my new PC. Any suggestions will be welcome

:)

McKenzieGibson, Apr 21, 2020
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Apr 21, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network

1. Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network - Similar Threads - Trying connect pcs

2. How do I connect two 2 Desktop Windows 10 PCs to form a local Private Network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect two 2 Desktop Windows 10 PCs to form a local Private Network?: I am not very IT savvy and I will need step-by-step instructions for networking two 2 desktop PCs,When I check the Network and Internet Status of the first PC, it indicates that it has a "Private Network 2". When I check the Network and Internet Status of the second PC, it...
  3. connect two windows 10 pcs

connect two windows 10 pcs: I have two W10 laptops; one works fine, while the other machine's cursor will not respond to either the keyboard or the touchpad. The machines are connected via USB cable. I want to connect the machine so that I can use the working computer to access a USB drive on the other...
  4. Unable to see Win 10 PCs in the network

Unable to see Win 10 PCs in the network: I just had some windows updates installed (and a Unifi controller update) and for some reason, I cannot see my wireless laptop in Network shares in File Explorer from the wired PC. And from my wireless laptop, I cannot see the wired PC in File Explorer. Previously, I had no...
  5. New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network

New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network: I have 4 computers on a local private network. Previously these were 2 Windows 10 laptops which had been upgraded from Windows 7, 1 Windows 7 desktop and 1 Linux desktop. At that time all 4 computers could see every computer on the network and were set up so each could share...
  6. Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10.: I have two computers connected by a switch, but can only printer from one computer. I've already changed the sharing options on both computers and still can only print from one. Also, I have no Homegroup....
  7. Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro

Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro: Hi, we have a win 10 Pro x64 pc and a win 10 Home x64 pc with the same network configuration. The problem is that we can only connect to our local network from the Home machine but not from the Pro machine. What could be the issue here? Is there anything special in Win...
  8. connecting two pcs together in windows 10

connecting two pcs together in windows 10: I have two computers. One I want to use as a system backup for the other. The main computer is connected to my router via WIFI and the backup computer is connected to the same router via ethernet cable. I can't see each computer from the other's via file explorer in the...
  9. Send updates to PCs on my local network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Send updates to PCs on my local network: [img] With the setting as shown on the attached screen shot, does the PC send updates to other PCs directly through router without passing through internet, i.e. does this setting save internet data volume? 70173
  10. Can't connect two PCs using Ethernet cable any more - Win 10 & Win 7

Can't connect two PCs using Ethernet cable any more - Win 10 & Win 7: This used to be a simple network trick -> connect two Windows PCs using network cable, go into adapter settings -> IPv4 -> set one IP to 10.0.0.1 and the other 10.0.0.2, then you can easily see the other computer and copy/move files. Not when I upgraded one PC to Windows...