Windows 10: Trying to connect wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support Trying to connect wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 Desktop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to connect my wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 desktop. I cannot find anywhere in the settings to set up a wired display. Only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ymmot411, Sep 24, 2019.

1. ymmot411 Win User

Trying to connect wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 Desktop

Hi, I've been trying to connect my wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 desktop. I cannot find anywhere in the settings to set up a wired display. Only wireless. Are you able to only connect to wireless displays? Or am I wrong? Please help. Thanks! :0

:)

ymmot411, Sep 24, 2019
  2. ymmot411 Win User

Hi, I've been trying to connect my wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 desktop. I cannot find anywhere in the settings to set up a wired display. Only wireless. Are you able to only connect to wireless displays? Or am I wrong? Please help. Thanks! :0

ymmot411, Sep 24, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User

Basically, no.

Is there a reason that you aren't telling us what your PC is? (Is it a "white box" PC, with no make and model?)

Go into Control Panel, Device Manager, Display Adapter. That will tell you what device is being used for graphics in the PC.

The I7-4770S includes Intel® HD Graphics 4600. Is that what your PC is using? Either way, post it.

If it is using the onboard graphics, knowing the motherboard would be useful. From here: How to Find Your PC Motherboard Model and Serial Number I see that typing "wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber" (without the quotes) into a command line window will give you the information. (I tested it. Works.)

If all of that means nothing to you, it may be difficult to get help here. There are other ways to get the information (like opening the case, and reading what motherboard you have), but these are the most painless ways of finding out.

I presume that if your PC had a VGA (15 pin D sub) connector on it, you would have found it.

The next easiest way to connect would be to use a DVI to VGA adapter. The simplest sort would require that you have a DVI-I port.
    Trying to connect wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 Desktop [​IMG]
    A DVI-D port is digital only, and won't provide an analog VGA signal using a simple adapter.

If you have no VGA or DVI-I port, you'd have to use something like an HDMI to VGA adapter. Example: https://www.amazon.com/QGeeM-Gold-Pl...9039026&sr=8-1 This is an active device, and converts digital video to analog.

I hope that you're glad that you asked.*Wink

bobkn, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Trying to connect wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 Desktop

VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
    Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I needed to use my work computer with the my monitors, so I unplugged both without shutting down my desktop. When I went to plug in the monitors, I had some trouble getting them to display. I eventually got my primary monitor working via a HDMI cable. However, the VGA connected monitor was not being detected.

Problem: I've tried to use the Windows Key + P to setup the computer for extended desktops. However the monitor is still not detecting a signal from my machine and the machine does not detect the monitor.

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers on the graphics card.
    • I've tried a system restore to a period prior to the problem.
    • I tried purchasing a cable that converts the VGA port to an HDMI connection at the monitor and that didn't help.

I'm somewhat proficient with computers and at a point where I don't know of any other solutions. I talked with somebody at Best Buy where I purchased the machine, and the suggested it could be faulty hardware. Given the number of people experiencing the same problem, I suspect that's not the case. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Favorite414, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to connect wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Trying connect wired

2. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA: I am using windows 10 on my Dell desktop Optiplex 7010. I connected a TV as a monitor with a display port to HDMI connection. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped. I changed cable and updated drivers but I couldn't get it to come on the tv screen. The message said...
  3. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA: I am using windows 10 on my Dell desktop Optiplex 7010. I connected a TV as a monitor with a display port to HDMI connection. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped. I changed cable and updated drivers but I couldn't get it to come on the tv screen. The message said...
  4. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my monitor wired problem.

my monitor wired problem.: helloI have a problem that I cannot fixthe problem is that when I turn the computer the monitor doesn't detect my pcbut when windows boot up it detect itthis means if I need to go to bios sitting I can't because windows didn't boot yethelp me please....
  6. MULTIPLE WIRED MONITOR TROUBLE CONNECTING

MULTIPLE WIRED MONITOR TROUBLE CONNECTING: TRYING TO CONNECT MY hp 21kd TO my hp laptop with a wire I go to start >settings>system>display then the only option is search for a wireless monitor which it never finds help please...
  7. Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection.: apparently i am missing a network driver, i tried diverpack offline and easydriver, all of them said i already had everything installed. I went to Intel's website to install the newest drivers and it said i am missing a internet adapter. any suggestions. i was going to bring...
  8. a vga monitor

a vga monitor: hi I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980. now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my vga monitor. I have tried running it through various adapters . i.e vga to dvi and hdmi to vga. hdmi to dvi. all no good....
  9. wired connection windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wired connection windows 10: i am trying to setup a wired connection on my laptop using windows 10 i connected my laptop to my wirless router using an eathernet cable its not setup how do i do...
  10. Windows 10 won't recognize VGA monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 won't recognize VGA monitor: I have connected my new HP / Windows 10 laptop up to my VGA monitor (which worked with my last laptop under Windows 7). The monitor is not recognized by anything under the Control Panel or Windows + P or display preferences or anything I try. Now I am connected via an...