Windows 10: Trying to Create a Custom Win 10 Install

Discus and support Trying to Create a Custom Win 10 Install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've created a VM using Hyper-V, installing Windows 10 Pro to the VM. My intent is to get is setup and customized, then turning it into a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlackWindZero, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Trying to Create a Custom Win 10 Install

I've created a VM using Hyper-V, installing Windows 10 Pro to the VM. My intent is to get is setup and customized, then turning it into a custom install image. But, I'm starting to think I may be expecting more than is possible from my "customizations".

For example, I don't like how windows sets up the default folder system and I want to change it if I can, but My concern is I may break it. One specific thing I'm looking to do is to change where program files are stored. I'm not a fan of the x86/non-x86 dichotomy, as it is functionally useless to me. I would like to do something more meaningful like: -utilities, -development apps, -productivity, etc. or at least something along those lines. Along with this I have a side question, I've been trying to find good guides on how to better organize your files and folders, but have come up short and I'm wondering if there are any resources anyone could suggest about that?

I would also love to remove some of the bloat and unnecessary stuff from the install before I create the custom image, but with all the constant changes, updates, added stuff I don't know the best way to do this or what I can/should remove that won't damage the system. So if anyone could direct me to some current guides on this I would appreciate it.

And now I'm drawing a blank on if there was anything else specific, which I'm almost positive there was, but that aside is there anything else that you would suggest doing/looking into if/when creating a custom windows install?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/BlackWindZero
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlackWindZero, Jun 11, 2020
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Trying to Create a Custom Win 10 Install

no images are available...win 10 install

Hi Kari,

I thank you for posting instructions on how to create a customized image of windows 10. I followed exactly how you stated the instructions everything has been great all the way up until the point of trying to install windows 10. I have a Dell e5590 laptop i7, 16gig ram, 500gig hd. As I said earlier I followed EXACTLY how you took us step by step through the instructions in creating a customized windows 10. Everything has worked all the way up until when I try to install windows it comes up stating: "no images are available". I used a few of our different keys, a key you provided and others that Microsoft provided still not working. I have changed that key several times in the autounattend file still doesn't seem to work. Is there any other suggestions you could provide or advice to what could be my problem? I have been stuck on this for a few days I just can't seem to get this problem corrected. I have tried so many suggestions and none of them work. I would appreciate it. If it's not product keys what else could it be? I have used windows 10 v1903 throughout the whole process.

jchambers777, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Trying to Create a Custom Win 10 Install

1. Trying to Create a Custom Win 10 Install - Similar Threads - Trying Create Custom

2. Creating a custom install.wim for a custom Windows install USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a custom install.wim for a custom Windows install USB: Kari wrote - "Capturing install.wim from an existing installation only works on computers / virtual machines where all system elements and user accounts are located on Windows system partition C:" - is there a comprehensive list of the 'system elements' of Windows10. Normally...
  3. Trying and failing to install Win 10

Trying and failing to install Win 10: Trying and failing to install Win 10 on win 7 installaTION started and faced with boot failure everytime https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-and-failing-to-install-win-10/c61bd241-7200-462a-8f2f-d401b90f4e3a
  4. Customize Win 10 Orb

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Win 10 Orb: Is there any way for me to load a custom image for my Windows 10 orb? I'm trying to create my own custom theme for my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-win-10-orb/3ce746bb-3cd9-4954-91c7-9b6fc6639f09
  5. Create custom Windows 10 branding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create custom Windows 10 branding: I'm starting a new small business where I sell clients custom computers based on their needs. I would like to find a way to have some branding on windows 10 install. For example, there's software/drivers that HP has automatically installed on the computer, as well as a...
  6. WIN 10 CUSTOMIZATION

WIN 10 CUSTOMIZATION: Is there any way to do detailed customization of Win 10, especially colors? Something like Win XP would be nice. It seems like Windows has been dumbed down as far as customization goes. Oh yes, where is "Custom Theme"?...
  7. I try to create an custom install image for Windows 10 1803 and 1809

I try to create an custom install image for Windows 10 1803 and 1809: I try to create an custom install image for Windows 10 1803 and 1809 (to test the preservation of our settings). All in all i followed the tutorial here Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep | Tutorials So we did a 1803 installation Entered Audit mode Did all...
  8. Creating Custom Tiles?

Creating Custom Tiles?: I can't seem to locate a program that will allow me to make a custom sized tile with a custom image that will allow me to link a program to the tile. The program I know of called WinTileR is no longer available and I now don't have any idea of what to do. 126604
  9. Trying to create windows 10 installation media

Trying to create windows 10 installation media: On my work laptop I have the issue "Location not available" after a automatic upgrade and following the instructions to fix this problem I have been trying to create a Windows 10 installation media disk on a second laptop (a Lenovo ideapad 110) but get the error "Unable to...
  10. Create custom tiles

Create custom tiles: How can I create custom tiles? Can it be done within Win 10, or does it require third party software? Links? Thanks, Bill 42854