Windows 10: trying to create a recovery disk on formatted USB with enough space - laptop sees USB but...

Discus and support trying to create a recovery disk on formatted USB with enough space - laptop sees USB but... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Help can you tell me why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimDickens, Dec 3, 2018.

1. trying to create a recovery disk on formatted USB with enough space - laptop sees USB but...

Help can you tell me why?

:)

TimDickens, Dec 3, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Create Recovery USB Wizard does not recognize my USB drive - Dell Workstation with Windows 10 Professional

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• What is the capacity of the USB device and what is the size of the recovery image which you are trying to create?
    To create a recovery drive, you'll need an external USB drive formatted to FAT32, with enough available storage space for all your recovery data.

Creating a recovery drive will erase anything that’s stored on your USB drive. Make sure to transfer any important data from your USB drive to another storage device before using that USB drive to create a recovery drive.

I suggest you to reformat the device to FAT32 and check creating the recovery drive if the issue resolves.

Reference: Create a recovery drive

Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

trying to create a recovery disk on formatted USB with enough space - laptop sees USB but...

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

trying to create a recovery disk on formatted USB with enough space - laptop sees USB but...

1. trying to create a recovery disk on formatted USB with enough space - laptop sees USB but... - Similar Threads - trying create recovery

2. Create Win11 Recovery disk fails and corrupts USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Win11 Recovery disk fails and corrupts USB: I bought a 5-pack of 64 gig USB thumb drives. Using the "Create and Format disk" tool I created two 30 gig partitions thinking I'd make one a Win 11 recovery and the other a Acronis recovery that's the backup tool I use.On my Win 10 machine it worked well. On my Win 11...
  3. No enough space on USB to make a bootable usb.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No enough space on USB to make a bootable usb.: Hi, I want to make a bootable USB of windows 10 i have the iso file, i have 4 usb's but each of them is 4 gb only. but windows 10 iso is 5.6 GB so is there any option like create a windows 10 bootable image using 2 USB's or any other method..please Help. Very Important....
  4. creating a recovery usb

creating a recovery usb: Hi, I am trying to put a recovery of windows 10 to a new 32gb usb stick. I am running the latest version of windows. The desktop pc recognizes the usb but the recovery option does not, I just get the green progress bar going along the 'window'. I have tried disabling the anti...
  5. Creating a recovery usb

Creating a recovery usb: Hi there, I want to upgrade from windows 10 v1909 to v2004. So i decided to create a recovery drive so that i can clean install the os if my update fails. I have created a recovery usb drive using "create recovery drive" option in windows, when i was running in windows 10...
  6. Got an error while trying to create USB recovery disk

Got an error while trying to create USB recovery disk: Download the create recovery disk tool - went thru for a long time but at the end gave teh following error: 0x80070005 - 0xA001B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-an-error-while-trying-to-create-usb-recovery/05644027-403f-44a7-82bd-69a79ae57d61
  7. USB Recovery Disk created under Mode S

USB Recovery Disk created under Mode S: I have the Recovery Disk created under S shortly after my laptop was purchased a week or so back. Will this disk support a recovery of Windows 10 Home, or will it instead return me to Windows 10 S...? Cheers all... Al....
  8. 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?

'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?: Hi there, about 'Create Recovery Drive' after clean install from win7, my main concern lies in the formatting of NTSF files instead of Fat32 -was required for my pc notebook at the time of create recovery drive! otherwise it would always respond 'unable to create recovery...
  9. USB not enough space for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB not enough space for windows 10: I downloaded the windows 10 iso file to put a fresh install of windows 10 on a usb but when i use the boot camp assistant to transfer the file to the usb it says there is not enough room on the usb but i was told you need atleast 8gb and my usb has 31 gb avaliable....
  10. Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB: I have just bought a new Inspiron 15 5000 Dell with Windows 10 and cannot create a recovery drive. Do you know how I can fix this? 22683