Windows 10: Trying to create a Windows 10 Recovery drive but it just stays stuck at "please wait" forever.

Discus and support Trying to create a Windows 10 Recovery drive but it just stays stuck at "please wait" forever. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having problems creating a recovery drive in Windows 10. I gets stuck at "please wait" for hours, when I start the process. I saw this question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JudyGates, May 25, 2021.

1. JudyGates Win User

Trying to create a Windows 10 Recovery drive but it just stays stuck at "please wait" forever.

I am having problems creating a recovery drive in Windows 10. I gets stuck at "please wait" for hours, when I start the process. I saw this question all over the place and found the solution. The trick is to NOT put the USB drive in before initiating the process. Let it start and after a few minutes of please wait, it will ask you to put in the USB thumb drive and then will continue to successfully create the recovery drive.

:)

JudyGates, May 25, 2021

2. Create Windows recovery DVD 'please wait'

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• How are you trying to create recovery disc?

• Do you get any error message?
    In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below;

1. Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.

2. Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps

For more information refer the below article.

Create a recovery drive

Create a recovery drive

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 25, 2021
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2021
  4. Faty N Win User

Trying to create a Windows 10 Recovery drive but it just stays stuck at "please wait" forever.

Recovery Drive process takes forever

Dear All

When I try to create a recovery drive (USB), in the first step when I click Next it goes to another window that says please wait and a green bar goes on and on, and it stays like that forever. (look at the image uploaded)
    Trying to create a Windows 10 Recovery drive but it just stays stuck at "please wait" forever. f914ba0c-f080-41f1-ac0f-520cc1402f11.jpg

I'm using Dell XPS 13, and Windows 10

is there any problem? what should I do

Thanks

Faty N, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to create a Windows 10 Recovery drive but it just stays stuck at "please wait" forever. - Similar Threads - Trying create Recovery

2. Windows 10 stuck, please wait.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck, please wait.....: Every time I try to start my asus laptop, after the usual asus logo and Windows logo a blue loading screen appears, please wait. Go on forever.So I tried to uninstall the latest updates, the old quality updates. But it said it couldn't find the latest quality update to...
  3. Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at please wait: Ive looked into other options, Idk how to do it they require a domain which I do not have since I factory reset my pc, I got this when ever I booted it up in troubleshoot because I turned it on a few times in a row and was being dumb, Anyway I selected restart instead of...
  4. Recovery drive stuck on Please Wait

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery drive stuck on Please Wait: Hi, I would like to ask for assistance on my problem when creating a recovery drive. I already have a 32 gb flash drive plugged in but the after clicking next on the Recovery drive, it stays on please wait and is not progressing. Thank you for future assistance....
  5. Windows 10 Stuck on Please wait..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Stuck on Please wait..: I tried everything Microsoft can you help? Steps done: Resetting Booting into Safe Mode. CTRL + ALT + DELETE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-please-wait/c7e73fa1-674f-4b16-8fbf-6923d6f4c612
  6. Creation of System Recovery stuck on "Please Wait" popup window.

Creation of System Recovery stuck on "Please Wait" popup window.: I am trying to create recovery drive on USB. Followed below steps: 1. selected Create a recovery drive option. 2. Checked on the checkbox on "Backup system files to the recovery drive" and clicked on next. 3. Next the pop up window appears with Please Wait message. I...
  7. Recovery drive stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery drive stuck at please wait: I was trying to make a recovery drive on my usb but when ever I hit next it sits at please wait forever please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-drive-stuck-at-please-wait/88f99e17-c72c-40d7-813c-4ffd4dbf1f47
  8. Microsoft store saying 'still waiting' when downloading a game but it just stays there forever.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store saying 'still waiting' when downloading a game but it just stays there forever.: I have tried signing in and out and shutting down the computer. I have 73.6mbps download and 36.5mbps upload speeds and i am trying to download Forza Horizon 4 and idk whats happening so i guess i just wasted $70 unless someone can help me. And is downloading stuff in E:...
  9. Cannot create recovery drive in Windows 10 (TRY THIS!)

Cannot create recovery drive in Windows 10 (TRY THIS!): This issue was raised quite a while back by majestic100. It received hundreds of replies but apparently no solution was found. Currently, I am running the latest Windows 10 Pro release 1803 (OS Build 17134.228) and ran into this same problem. However, I was able to find a...
  10. Windows stuck on please wait

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on please wait: Hello folks! I need help. Coming to point, I was facing some error related to dll (aom 0x00007b error) launching Age of Mythology. I came to know it can be fixed by copying 5 dll files to system32 folder. These files are associated with visual C++ redist. mfc100.dll,...