Windows 10: Trying to delete a non-existing folder

Discus and support Trying to delete a non-existing folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need help so I've been trying to place my downloads somewhere else and instead, it became a file and I didn't really like that at all, when I reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan Achurra, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Trying to delete a non-existing folder

I need help so I've been trying to place my downloads somewhere else and instead, it became a file and I didn't really like that at all, when I reset it back to default it replace the file but the file shows still and the problem is I named my the folder "Files" so now there is no name and I really want to get rid of this because this is very annoying. Please help me.. Trying to delete a non-existing folder 792abf19-8a16-4a7b-8960-50ef8f4d2b38?upload=true.png

:)

Dan Achurra, Dec 17, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Trying to delete a non-existing folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Trying to delete a non-existing folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 17, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 17, 2020
  4. banditrvp Win User

Trying to delete a non-existing folder

Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

Thanks for the replies. Here's my update.

ArazelEternal: I ran SFC, DISM and CHKDSK on both the C & D drives. No problems reported and the folder remains in my Libraries Folder.
    Brink: Yes, I can turn off the Libraries folder in the backup set but that doesn't fix the problem of the non-existent folder remaining in the library. That's the folder I'm trying to remove. The images show what I'm seeing in the folders listing of File Explorer. The first image shows the message that pops up when I first clink on the Pictures folder that's highlighted. The second image is what I see when I right click and choose properties. As you can see in the D: drive listing, there is no Documents folder there.

Trying to delete a non-existing folder [​IMG]

Trying to delete a non-existing folder [​IMG]

banditrvp, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Trying to delete a non-existing folder

1. Trying to delete a non-existing folder - Similar Threads - Trying delete non

2. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  3. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  4. Delete a "non existant" ibrary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a "non existant" ibrary: My Exploer shows a library that has no content, in fact it does no longer exist on my HD. How can i delete that fake library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-non-existant-ibrary/3e6baf37-de21-411b-ac11-88ef340a19e3
  5. Delete a "non existant" ibrary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a "non existant" ibrary: My Exploer shows a library that has no content, in fact it does no longer exist on my HD. How can i delete that fake library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-non-existant-ibrary/3e6baf37-de21-411b-ac11-88ef340a19e3
  6. Delete a "non existant" ibrary

7. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  8. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  9. Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...: My father's laptop ceased to work recently, so he connected one of his drives to my PC, and also copied over a folder of his to my G: drive. However, now things are back to normal again, and he has also deleted the folder he copied over. Days after that, Defender still...
  10. How to delete non-existent account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete non-existent account?: I have a windows 10. I logged into my account when I was just starting it out, but I had a typo so I entered in a wrong email. Now the system is asking me to verify my account but I can't because the account is basically non-existent. Help?...