Windows 10: Trying to delete an old account

Discus and support Trying to delete an old account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I decided to check out one note to see how it compared to google docs. However when I went to make an account it said the email I was attempting to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Orangesaurus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Trying to delete an old account

I decided to check out one note to see how it compared to google docs. However when I went to make an account it said the email I was attempting to use was already attached to another account. So I recovered my username and attempted to also get my password back so I could delete the account. However when I tried to get my password back it told my this account was linked to some email in Germany. Yet it also still said this was my old account attached to the aforementioned email. I tried to get in contact with customer support but all I got was this bot who just told me to do the same thing over and over again and that didn't work. I just want to delete any accounts that my email is attached with so I can make a new account.

:)

Orangesaurus, Jun 12, 2019

2. Deleting an old workplace account

Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles.

In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

BrianParkinson1, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Trying to delete an old account

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Trying to delete an old account

1. Trying to delete an old account - Similar Threads - Trying delete old

2. Delete Old Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete Old Accounts: Hello,I have old Microsoft accounts that I no longer have access to and wish to delete.Is there an e-mail address I can forward my request to with the account details?In fact, the Google accounts with which these two Microsoft accounts were created had successfully been...
  3. Delete Old Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Old Accounts: Hello,I have old Microsoft accounts that I no longer have access to and wish to delete.Is there an e-mail address I can forward my request to with the account details?In fact, the Google accounts with which these two Microsoft accounts were created had successfully been...
  4. Delete Old Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. delete old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete old account: I have 2 accounts on my Windows 10 PC. One's an old one based on a now-deleted email address. I need to get rid of that account so my new one, with my current email address, works properly...
  6. delete old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete old account: I have 2 accounts on my Windows 10 PC. One's an old one based on a now-deleted email address. I need to get rid of that account so my new one, with my current email address, works properly...
  7. delete old account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete old account: I have 2 accounts on my Widows 10 PC. One's an ols one based on a deleted email address. I need to get rid of that account so my new one, with my current email address works properly...
  8. Switching Accounts and Deleting Old Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Accounts and Deleting Old Account: How can I switch main accounts on my pc, I've lost access to my previous one because the email link for that was hacked and un accessible, so I've made a second account to try and replace the older account so that I don't have to worry of getting hacked again. Do I need to...
  9. Switching Accounts and Deleting Old Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Accounts and Deleting Old Account: How can I switch main accounts on my pc, I've lost access to my previous one because the email link for that was hacked and un accessible, so I've made a second account to try and replace the older account so that I don't have to worry of getting hacked again. Do I need to...
  10. Trying to Delete my old Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to Delete my old Microsoft Account: So im trying to delete a Old Microsoft Account that i dont use but when i try something at the bottom says turn off Reset protection and it says if i dont it may cause my pc to be come unusable so im really scared and i dont know what reset protection is if i delete it do i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to delete an account but says it is still signed in