Windows 10: Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove...

Discus and support Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; and then it just gives me the option of "try again" and it's an endless loop. This is my computer with no other accounts, and I am the administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jester070993, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove...

and then it just gives me the option of "try again" and it's an endless loop. This is my computer with no other accounts, and I am the administrator. This doesn't happen for everything, but with certain things, randomly, I seem to run into this problem when trying to delete them. What do I do to "provide administrator permission" to delete said folder?

How the hell do I delete this stuff?

submitted by /u/jester070993
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jester070993, Mar 24, 2020

2. Unable to delete a particular folder. Error: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

Windows Edition 10 Version 1809, OS build 18272.1000

After installing the latest creators update I have the following issue. When using Explorer to delete a folder that is not empty I always get this issue: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder." It doesn't matter
    if I just created it or not. I can remove the folder just fine using rmdir <folder> /s /q.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Using explorer create the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c.
    2. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."
    3. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c -works just fine
    4. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b -works just fine
    5. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a -works just fine.

This will also reproduce the issue

1. mkdir c:\users\rob\a
    2. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b
    3. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b\c
    4. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

This is a new behavior and is causing some build tools to fail.

Thanks,

Rob

***Title modified from Windows Explorer Permissions Isuse***

Rob.Kreger, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove...

Cannot delete certain folders

Each time I try deleting a certain folder on the windows ten but it keeps saying I need administrator permission

mualahfofan10, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove...

1. Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove... - Similar Threads - Trying delete certain

2. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder.": In trying to copy a folder from a flash drive to my computer, I get the message "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."The instructions I have seen for fixing the problem seem dated and the problem unresolved but they say to go to 'Properties'...
  3. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder.": In trying to copy a folder from a flash drive to my computer, I get the message "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."The instructions I have seen for fixing the problem seem dated and the problem unresolved but they say to go to 'Properties'...
  4. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. you'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    you'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder: Any external drive I connect to my computer SD card, external HD, USB stick I can't operate normally. If there are any files - I can see and use all of them but i am not able to copy them or delete them from the external hard disk or USB . Also I am not able to copy any file...
  6. "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": When I try to delete files, I get the following message: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file." I click on continue then get the message: "You require permission from xxxx\yyyyy to make changes to this file." I am the only user and...
  7. You'll need to provide administrator permission to rename this folder

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need to provide administrator permission to rename this folder: I don't get it. I get this message from Win10 Home: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to rename this folder" but when I click the "continue" button, it does it anyway. This happens for various things in Win10. It pops up the messages for nothing since it does...
  8. You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes"

in Windows 10 Customization
    You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes": Why did this happen again? I can't access the files on my external drive. Windows 10 hid them AGAIN! I cannot unhide them. PLEASE help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-will-need-to-provide-administrator-permission/1269164d-af9f-4974-9b57-09c68943eba4
  9. 'You will need to provide administrator permission' for icon change

in Windows 10 Customization
    'You will need to provide administrator permission' for icon change: When I change any icon on my desktop I get this popup:- [img] Since I am an administrator I find this a bit annoying. Any way to fix that? 141467
  10. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": I get this message when I try deleting a file from one of my external backup drives: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" and when I try to copy a file to the drive I get: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this...