Windows 10: Trying to delete files from my d drive after file mitigation (sata su6360 (former boot...

Discus and support Trying to delete files from my d drive after file mitigation (sata su6360 (former boot... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ymoraitis3 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ymoraitis3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Trying to delete files from my d drive after file mitigation (sata su6360 (former boot...

/u/ymoraitis3, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 23, 2020
  3. AM*
    Am* Win User
    Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

4. Nergal Win User

Trying to delete files from my d drive after file mitigation (sata su6360 (former boot...

App for deleting files while being used by another process...

Most of the time, booting in safe mode, as administrator, will enable you to remove those files (maps).

however, there are some programs out there to do just whatyou ask, I once found one after some searching on google. So either try my suggestion, or in fact search on google perhaps?

"Force delete" will bring up enough info on this.

Nergal, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Trying to delete files from my d drive after file mitigation (sata su6360 (former boot...

1. Trying to delete files from my d drive after file mitigation (sata su6360 (former boot... - Similar Threads - Trying delete files

2. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  3. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  4. How do I recover a deleted file from drive d

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover a deleted file from drive d: Please tell me how to recover deleted file from Drive d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-a-deleted-file-from-drive-d/43d91464-69bb-4e94-84e7-e84d389d2468
  5. How do I recover a deleted file from drive d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover a deleted file from drive d: Please tell me how to recover deleted file from Drive d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-a-deleted-file-from-drive-d/43d91464-69bb-4e94-84e7-e84d389d2468
  6. I deleted large files in my D Drive using shift+delete the files disappeared but the drive...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I deleted large files in my D Drive using shift+delete the files disappeared but the drive...: In the C Drive when I used to delete files I press shift+delete to permanently delete them without passing through the recycle bin because files in recycle bin won't change the storage as we knowbut in D Drive when I tried to delete some large files that I wanted to delete I...
  7. How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?: i formatted D Drive Completely and its empty. But when im using defraggler theres a files 117.9 MB files are still there. how to delete them? [ATTACH] 173930
  8. Can I delete this files that are on my D:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete this files that are on my D:\ drive?: Hello, I think this is my second post on this community and I wanted to ask if I could delete all the files that are on the D:\ drive since I want to use it to put my games on that drive and some of the files take a lot of storage. Here Im leaving a screenshot of the files...
  9. Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive: Hi, I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive. How do I do that? Regards Chung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-file-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/a2298baa-2832-4aae-ab78-4e9a5115d2f3
  10. Windows delete the file and folder from D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows delete the file and folder from D drive: Hi, Today while doing some work with my window laptop it asked for reset for update. After upgrading windows become fresh amd my D: fully formated and my all files lost i had 10 G of data in D drive. How to recover . Windows.old is empty !...