Windows 10: Trying to delete my soon to be discontinued Windows 10 sign in email address

Discus and support Trying to delete my soon to be discontinued Windows 10 sign in email address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Am trying to delete my soon to be discontinued Windows 10 sign in email address. It's a Tiscali email address. I have got as far as adding the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnJoannou1, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Trying to delete my soon to be discontinued Windows 10 sign in email address

Hi,

Am trying to delete my soon to be discontinued Windows 10 sign in email address. It's a Tiscali email address.

I have got as far as adding the one I wish to use (an existing gmail one) so that I can make that the primary but whilst it is not showing as already having been added, it just keeps telling me that it already exists and as such will not accept it as an alias.

How can I get it accepted? It is my email address I have been using for ages, just need to get it recognised by Win10 and get it added/changed to this.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

John

:)

JohnJoannou1, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Delete Outlook email address and add new admistrator email

Hi,

If you've created a new account, you can assign it as the new administrator account and delete the other one. For us to provide a suitable solution to your concern, we'd like to have some clarifications regarding the issue:

• Are you signing to your laptop using a Microsoft account?
    • Are you able to sign in using the new email address you've created?
    • Did you assign the newly created email address or user account as the new admin account?

In the meantime, if you can login using the new account that you've created, try creating a new admin account or setting it up as the new admin and delete the old one by following the steps in this
    article.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 13, 2019
  3. using Windows 10 email, the systme memorizes, and installs email addresses as I am typing. One of the email addresses is incorrect. How do I remove, or override it?

Thanks for the effort to help resolve my problem. I access my Charter cable internet provider through the Windows 10 Mail App. After successfully going through steps 1-5 , step 6 was a problem. At step 6, my screen did not show the “+” in the upper
    left part of the window. Since I did not find the “+”, I did a little experimenting by clicking on everything on the screen that was displayed, but with no success.

Let me try to clarify what the problem is. In my list of contacts(which appear to be automatically added as I address emails to various individuals), I see that my own email address has been included. However, somehow the “system” added an email address
    that was incorrect. For example, let’s say my email address is supposed to be

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Instead, the contact list has listed the contact as xyxyxy@charter, which does not include the “.net”.

Now, when I try to list myself in the email as “bcc” recipient, as expected, I get a message that the email cannot be delivered to me (because of the incomplete email address).

What would I like to achieve?

1st choice – Deactivate the Windows 10 Mail App from automatically adding recipients and allow me to manually enter the recipients.

2nd choice – Find a way to delete the one bad address (xyxyxy@charter).

Finally, if I do not find a solution, I will probably have to discontinue trying to use the Windows 10 Mail App. I’m beginning to think that the developers of the mail app may have failed to provide a way to easily clear out bad addresses.

Thanks

jackdixon__920, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Trying to delete my soon to be discontinued Windows 10 sign in email address

How can an incorrect email address be removed from "suggested" list?

When addressing an email, a list of suggested complete-address choices begins to appear as soon as start typing. I had sent an improperly addressed email and now this bad address shows up as a choice on the suggested list w/out any apparent means of deletion.
    Even going back and deleting the original mis-addressed email from the Sent folder did not make it go away. Also tried the "reset suggestions" option under settings>keyboard>advanced but to no avail.

In Outlook, which similarly makes suggestions, one can use the arrow keys to move down to highlight the bad address and kill it with the delete key.

It would be a bad miss if cannot remove improper addresses from suggestions list - these can accumulate fast.

Sola Stella, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Trying to delete my soon to be discontinued Windows 10 sign in email address

1. Trying to delete my soon to be discontinued Windows 10 sign in email address - Similar Threads - Trying delete soon

2. Trying to update my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update my email address: I am trying to change the email address on my account. When I try and register my outlook.com email address as an alias it says that it is already in use and will not let me add it. How do I fix this?...
  3. Trying to update my email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to update my email address: I am trying to change the email address on my account. When I try and register my outlook.com email address as an alias it says that it is already in use and will not let me add it. How do I fix this?...
  4. Trying to update my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Wrong email address for signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  6. Wrong email address for signing in

Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  7. email service discontinued

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email service discontinued: I am using my email address as a live id that I sign in to Windows with, but the email service is being discontinued by the provider. What should I do? Is it possible to change the email address of the live id, or do I need to delete the live id and use a new one with a new...
  8. Deleting old email addresses

Deleting old email addresses: How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-email-addresses/e544e3c5-75cc-4ac6-af24-ca916321391b
  9. Can't delete discontinued work email account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete discontinued work email account.: This is an ongoing issue that I can't resolve and is very annoying. I changed jobs last month. The prior job email I had added to my Microsoft account group. This email address was shut off (rightfully so) so now when my system starts up I get a message that tells me I need...
  10. Change Windows 10 sign-in email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Windows 10 sign-in email address: I have a new email address and soon intend to stop using the email address associated with my Windows account. Can you please give me up-to-date details of how to do this. I know this question has been asked before, but the replies in the locked thread (now 2 years old) are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when will my tiscali email be discontinued