Windows 10: Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't

Discus and support Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/THELOLESTER [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/THELOLESTER, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't

/u/THELOLESTER, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 28, 2020
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't

Error 0x80004005 when trying to delete documents file

Hi Barbara,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What type of files are you trying to delete?
    • Are you able to delete the files saved in other folders on your computer?
    • Have you tried moving the files that you want to delete to a different location and try to delete them from there?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to fix the problem?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't

1. Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't - Similar Threads - Trying delete file

2. Can't sign in after trying to delete some files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in after trying to delete some files.: So I was trying to delete a file that was preventing me from enabling core isolation. The "oem<number><number>.inf" files was preventing me from doing so, and I tried many ways to delete it but it doesn't work.I don't know if this is related but I will say it just incase. So...
  3. Can't sign in after trying to delete some files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in after trying to delete some files.: So I was trying to delete a file that was preventing me from enabling core isolation. The "oem<number><number>.inf" files was preventing me from doing so, and I tried many ways to delete it but it doesn't work.I don't know if this is related but I will say it just incase. So...
  4. Can't delete or rename some files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete or rename some files: I've been having trouble with deleting and renaming *some* files for months now. I'm running Windows 10 2OH2. The problem typically manifests itself in File Explorer. I'll try to delete or rename a file or folder and it usually works but sometimes, it simply won't work. The...
  5. I'm trying to get to the bios device menu but I can't find it for some reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm trying to get to the bios device menu but I can't find it for some reason: I just can't find it submitted by /u/oferpoferlofer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mc8ikf/im_trying_to_get_to_the_bios_device_menu_but_i/
  6. I deleted some file

in Windows 10 Customization
    I deleted some file: A long time ago i deleted some file I dont know what one on windows 10 but now the computer wont boot it it just shows the dell screen and goes to the scan thing i can go to the boot menu is there a way to re download windows without knowing what file i deleted...
  7. Fixed Can't delete it for some reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fixed Can't delete it for some reason: Hello, my name is Daniel and a friend of mine has recently told me to use custom desktop themes. So, from the image as you can see, I've done it. But the problem is, I wanted to bring it back to default. I have tried doing some research on google. I uninstalled the app that...
  8. File won't delete for some reason

File won't delete for some reason: I'm trying to get rid of some files but this message that says "There is a mismatch between the tag specified in the request and the tag present in the repartee point." I'm not sure how to easily get rid of it, can anyone help? submitted by /u/egg4tryingtimes [link]...
  9. Can't sign in for some reason

Can't sign in for some reason: I've gone on a bunch of websites with their fixes, none of them worked. https://gyazo.com/76d685e4a3fb27a7fbd6d32adca1092d submitted by /u/egabayot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fh8419/cant_sign_in_for_some_reason/
  10. For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.

in Windows 10 Customization
    For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.: I used Run with %temp%, temp, and prefetch and it does not work. Also, I used disk cleanup, but the 22 GB storage is still there. Therefore, I optimized and defragmented the whole hard drive, but it did not clean up all of the temporary files. Is it possible that those...