Windows 10: Trying to delete this file so i can reinstall discord as i can’t use it and it keeps saying...

Discus and support Trying to delete this file so i can reinstall discord as i can’t use it and it keeps saying... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kream22071--- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kream22071---, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Trying to delete this file so i can reinstall discord as i can’t use it and it keeps saying...

/u/Kream22071---, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error code or the error message that you are getting, while installing Discord?

There may be various issues that can cause the installation failure. You can try the below steps and check:

1. Close Discord, and make sure all it's processes are terminated (Check your system tray and task manager).

2. Press Windows key + R together to open Run command.

3. Type %appdata%, and press enter.

4. Delete the Discord folder.

5. Press Windows key + R to open Run command.

6. Type %localappdata%, and press enter.

7. Delete the Discord folder.

8. Restart your system, and reinstall
    Discord

I'd also suggest you to refer this article on
    Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

If the issue persists, follow how to manually replace a corrupted system file with a known good copy of the file steps shown in this

article

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Dec 1, 2019
  3. discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Trying to delete this file so i can reinstall discord as i can’t use it and it keeps saying...

Extremely high ping on PC after trying to upload a file to Discord

Hello Alex,

It could be possible that the issue is still caused by Discord trying to upload a file. We'd like to know more about your issue. Have you tried to reinstall Discord?

As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest that you run these networking commands using the Command Prompt window. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Start button > type Command
      prompt
      > right-click on Command Prompt, and then select
      Run as administrator > Click on
      Yes.
    2. Run the following commands in the listed order, and then check if it fixes your issue:
    • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you perform a network reset. This will reset all network settings to the defaults.

1. Press the Windows key + I > Network & Internet >
      Status > Network reset.
    2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now >
      Yes to confirm.
      Wait for your PC to restart and check if that fixes the problem.

Hope this information helps you. To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Carlo Fer, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Trying to delete this file so i can reinstall discord as i can’t use it and it keeps saying...

1. Trying to delete this file so i can reinstall discord as i can’t use it and it keeps saying... - Similar Threads - Trying delete file

2. so everytime i boot the minecraft launcher it says this i was trying to use forge on it but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so everytime i boot the minecraft launcher it says this i was trying to use forge on it but...: help me pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-everytime-i-boot-the-minecraft-launcher-it-says/9c19b910-6801-4ecf-a78c-717112d0f8d4
  3. so everytime i boot the minecraft launcher it says this i was trying to use forge on it but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    so everytime i boot the minecraft launcher it says this i was trying to use forge on it but...: help me pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-everytime-i-boot-the-minecraft-launcher-it-says/9c19b910-6801-4ecf-a78c-717112d0f8d4
  4. So I can’t use my Wi-Fi. I can connect it to my network just can’t use it. I don’t know...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I can’t use my Wi-Fi. I can connect it to my network just can’t use it. I don’t know...: I’ve tried using online help but couldn’t get anywhere. I’m not sure if this is a problem with my pc or router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-cant-use-my-wi-fi-i-can-connect-it-to-my/05407ce7-8f8e-4f99-99ea-957aaa5baae5
  5. So I can’t use my Wi-Fi. I can connect it to my network just can’t use it. I don’t know...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I can’t use my Wi-Fi. I can connect it to my network just can’t use it. I don’t know...: I’ve tried using online help but couldn’t get anywhere. I’m not sure if this is a problem with my pc or router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-cant-use-my-wi-fi-i-can-connect-it-to-my/05407ce7-8f8e-4f99-99ea-957aaa5baae5
  6. So I can’t use my Wi-Fi. I can connect it to my network just can’t use it. I don’t know...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Reinstalling Drivers So that i can use keyboard and touchscreen again!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstalling Drivers So that i can use keyboard and touchscreen again!!!: Hello, This is my first time to actually ask a question. I have viewed other answers several times, but I have been unable to find an answer that solves my problem. I currently use my new HP chromebook enterprise laptop. My previous laptop is the one that I need help with. It...
  8. SO basically my windows keeps instantly deleting the files i try to download

SO basically my windows keeps instantly deleting the files i try to download: I dont know why this happens I tried every suggestion everyone had to offer but it still wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-basically-my-windows-keeps-instantly-deleting/e1b37bca-ae19-481f-a090-35d546e1da78
  9. delete zoom so I can reinstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete zoom so I can reinstall: delete zoom so I can reinstall with pass word I remember https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-zoom-so-i-can-reinstall/7c49e8b9-735c-4d0d-84e6-a43bcd7138e0
  10. Unknown folder says that it's in use so I can't delete it

Unknown folder says that it's in use so I can't delete it: There was a folder on my PC I did a full reset so it's gone now but I remember it had ROG in the title and I think it also had a little windows shield symbol at the bottom corner of the folder but I didn't know why it was on my computer so I tried to delete it and it said...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete discord because folder is in use

2. discord folder in use when trying to delete

3. i deleted discord and i cant reinstall it

4. cant delete discord local appdata,
  5. what can i do if i accidetally deleted some discvord file,
  6. if your os tells you that the file cannot be deleted because its still in use. open up the task manager and terminate all instances of discord there and in the start up tab.,
  7. what to do if your trying to delete the discord folder but it says its in use,
  8. %localappdata%/discord/most recent,
  9. %localappdata%/discord/most recent version,
  10. cant delete discord folder in use,
  11. cant delete discord localappdata