Windows 10: Trying to do feature update locks up/freezes entire computer

Discus and support Trying to do feature update locks up/freezes entire computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is currently stuck on feature update 1803 since trying to do a feature update for anything above that causes my entire computer to just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicolasLBrassard, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Trying to do feature update locks up/freezes entire computer

My computer is currently stuck on feature update 1803 since trying to do a feature update for anything above that causes my entire computer to just lock up. I can still move my cursor around, but trying to open or even click anything doesn't work. This tends to happen when the installation gets to around the late 90%. I don't even get an error code. I even tried leaving it on overnight, but it doesn't seem to even be progressing at all. I've tried pretty much everything I could for over a year, other than completely wiping everything. Everytime I use my computer, I have to stop Windows Update, otherwise my computer will lock up. I have run multiple antivirus scans, which have found nothing. Is there anything I can do?

Specs: Windows 10 Home Edition, Intel i7 6700k @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD, GTX 1080,

:)

NicolasLBrassard, Aug 29, 2019

2. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Darksaber Win User
    XBox 360 dashboard gets 125 new features

The next Xbox 360 update is coming along nicely. The download should take less than a minute and will be available to all Xbox 360 Live users. The feature list is quite long, so I suggest you click on the following link for the entire list:Xbox update.

Source: DailyTech

Darksaber, Aug 29, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Trying to do feature update locks up/freezes entire computer

Freezing, locking up... etc. ???

Try a different hard drive. I would suggest reformatting the one you have now, but it would suck to freeze in the middle of reformatting, leaving you with no operating system...

Thema:

Trying to do feature update locks up/freezes entire computer

1. Trying to do feature update locks up/freezes entire computer - Similar Threads - Trying feature update

2. Entire windows update lock up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entire windows update lock up: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settingscan't...
  3. Entire windows update lock up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entire windows update lock up: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settingscan't...
  4. Entire windows update lock up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Store Roblox freezes entire computer when starting up

Microsoft Store Roblox freezes entire computer when starting up: Whenever i try to play Roblox from the Microsoft Store wich says that it must work on my device my entire computer becomes frozen with no way of getting it to respond, keyboard doesnt work, mouse doesn't work and the only way to restart the computer is via the POWER button or...
  6. Computer Freezes or Lock Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes or Lock Up: Pocessor AMD Ryzen 3 3350U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 9.94 GB usable Device ID A75116CD-9B70-467B-8P6A5-1CE1FD76D241 Product ID 00356-02344-22021-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 11 Home Version...
  7. Computer Freezes or Lock Up

Computer Freezes or Lock Up: Pocessor AMD Ryzen 3 3350U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 9.94 GB usable Device ID A75116CD-9B70-467B-8P6A5-1CE1FD76D241 Product ID 00356-02344-22021-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 11 Home Version...
  8. Computer locks up or freezes after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locks up or freezes after bios update: The bios was out of date on my Gigabyte z490 UD AC, it was working fairly well with the F5 bios version. and after successfully flashing it within bios with the newer F21 bios I am getting very consistent crashing during gaming sessions. Not sure if its a heating thing, or a...
  9. Computer locks up or freezes after bios update

Computer locks up or freezes after bios update: The bios was out of date on my Gigabyte z490 UD AC, it was working fairly well with the F5 bios version. and after successfully flashing it within bios with the newer F21 bios I am getting very consistent crashing during gaming sessions. Not sure if its a heating thing, or a...
  10. computer freezing and locking up

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer freezing and locking up: Hi My pc randomly locks up screen, mouse and all I had to reboot it 4 times this morning, I ran the troubleshooter on it diagnostic says all is ok with power, couldn't find hardware or software diagnostic tool to run trouble shooter on,, did a windows 10 update , all drivers...