Windows 10: Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7

Discus and support Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 a few years ago on my Alienware Aurora R4, and immediately began experiencing fan issues (system fan revs up randomly to over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kjersten89, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few years ago on my Alienware Aurora R4, and immediately began experiencing fan issues (system fan revs up randomly to over 4000 rpm, also does it when starting up or shutting down, and when I attempt to play a game on the device). I lived with this problem for a while (hoping one of the Windows Updates would sort it out) until my computer decided it would no longer start all the way earlier this year (would get as far as the sign-in and then go black screen). We spent about 7 months with a professional testing parts, replaced motherboard - nothing worked. Before deciding to give up and get a new computer, we decided to try to reinstall windows 10 from a USB device we purchased - this got the computer starting again but did not resolve the issues between the fan system and windows 10.

I need to try downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 as a last resort. I have a product key for Windows 7 as it came pre-installed on my device; however, this code produces an error when I attempt to download the Windows 7 Ultimate ISO (what I originally had on the computer) from the Microsoft site. Any advice I can get would be appreciated!

:)

Kjersten89, Aug 25, 2019

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Aug 25, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows 7 Will Allow Downgrades too

Even though there's still some time left before the official release of Windows 7, Microsoft - the creator of this OS - confirmed today that just like some Windows Vista distributions could be downgraded to Windows XP with ease, the same will apply to Windows 7. General users of Windows 7 will be given the option of downgrading right over Vista to Windows XP, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed.
    "This is not the first time that Microsoft has offered downgrade rights to a version other than its immediate predecessor," the spokesperson told Betanews, "and our Software Assurance customers can always downgrade to any previous version of Windows."
    Microsoft hasn't detailed exactly how downgrade rights will work with Windows 7 - for now we know that Windows 7 will be downgradable to either Windows Vista or Windows XP - the rest of the details remain unclear.

Source: Betanews

malware, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7

1. Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Trying downgrade

2. I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10: My MoBo: GIGABYTE H410M S2My CPU: Intel i5-10400fMy GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030Basically I tried enabling secure boot on win 11 but it did not work, so I thought of downgrading my system but of course something had to go wrong and i am stuck in a loop of BSODs....
  3. I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10: My MoBo: GIGABYTE H410M S2My CPU: Intel i5-10400fMy GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030Basically I tried enabling secure boot on win 11 but it did not work, so I thought of downgrading my system but of course something had to go wrong and i am stuck in a loop of BSODs....
  4. Tried to downgrade my fusion 5 tablet from windows 11 to windows 10 and it is now stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to downgrade my fusion 5 tablet from windows 11 to windows 10 and it is now stuck on...: I have a fusion 5 windows tablet that came with windows 11, I tried to downgrade it to windows 10 and now when I try to turn the tablet on its stuck on the setup screen where it asks for region and the touch screen doesn't work so I can't complete setup...
  5. Tried to downgrade my fusion 5 tablet from windows 11 to windows 10 and it is now stuck on...

Tried to downgrade my fusion 5 tablet from windows 11 to windows 10 and it is now stuck on...: I have a fusion 5 windows tablet that came with windows 11, I tried to downgrade it to windows 10 and now when I try to turn the tablet on its stuck on the setup screen where it asks for region and the touch screen doesn't work so I can't complete setup...
  6. How can I fix internet not compatible when trying to downgrade to windows 10 I have an intel R

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix internet not compatible when trying to downgrade to windows 10 I have an intel R: It says Ethernet connection wasn’t compatible when I try downgrading windows how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-internet-not-compatible-when-trying/20f3c377-7d68-463a-b7b3-59b38c2621f5
  7. How can I fix internet not compatible when trying to downgrade to windows 10 I have an intel R

How can I fix internet not compatible when trying to downgrade to windows 10 I have an intel R: It says Ethernet connection wasn’t compatible when I try downgrading windows how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-internet-not-compatible-when-trying/20f3c377-7d68-463a-b7b3-59b38c2621f5
  8. How to fix pc looping after trying to downgrade with ISO file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix pc looping after trying to downgrade with ISO file?: so i was trying to downgrade using a iso file and everything was going smoothly until it just started looping on and off. the pc itself doesn’t turn off but all sounds stop keyboard goes off and screen and then lights back up and it’s stuck in that looo i’ve checked all hdmi...
  9. How to fix pc looping after trying to downgrade with ISO file?

How to fix pc looping after trying to downgrade with ISO file?: so i was trying to downgrade using a iso file and everything was going smoothly until it just started looping on and off. the pc itself doesn’t turn off but all sounds stop keyboard goes off and screen and then lights back up and it’s stuck in that looo i’ve checked all hdmi...
  10. How to fix pc looping after trying to downgrade with ISO file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging