Windows 10: Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f.

Discus and support Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Just as the Title says, I am trying to Downgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with a Windows 8 ISO using EasyBCD, Since i dont have a flash drive, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Issam1234, May 31, 2017.

1. Issam1234 Win User

Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f.

Hello,
    Just as the Title says, I am trying to Downgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with a Windows 8 ISO using EasyBCD, Since i dont have a flash drive, I could not do it and had to resort on EasyBCD, I forgot to add some files to the partition and i made the Installer default, and Cant boot, Solution please?
    I at least want to boot into Windows 10 back.. Anyway thanks.
    (i do not wanna buy a flash drive)

:)

Issam1234, May 31, 2017

2. Phone info package not found on server - Nokia software recovery tool

I installed windows 8.1 developer version on my Lumia 720. In order to get the official Windows 8.1 cyan update i tried to downgrade my win 8.1 Developer version to win 8. The following error occurs when tried to downgrade the os using Nokia software recovery
    tool latest version.

Error occured - Phone info package not found on server

so i couldn't downgrade my OS. Kindly help me in solving this issue.

GopinathGj, May 31, 2017
  3. Trying to resolve a dxgmms2.sys bsod that occurs while playing Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Yes, Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Two things were updated before it started. An nVidia card driver and a Windows 10 update. I had the 3 bsods inside of 2 hours while trying to play DDO. The file specified seems to indicate DX12, so I came here to look into it further. Tried to update
    DX12 even though it was updated, to be sure, to replace any bad files, but the site says those updates aren't available separate from Windows 10 updates.

whitepawn(2), May 31, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Since you have no bootable drive and don't have or want a USB flash drive, I would say you are temporarily stuck.

You don't state the model number or storage on the Lenovo Yoga 300 - does it have a 64GB SSD or a 500GB HDD, or something else, for instance?

What's the objection to flash drives - they are only a few dollars for 8 or 16 GB capacity?

I am guessing you tried to use EasyBCD to create a bootmenu entry to boot the Windows 8 ISO, which apparently doesn't work for you with a Windows setup ISO file.

When you have a bootable drive, with the windows setup files on it, you may be able to repair your boot menu.

Fafhrd, May 31, 2017
  5. Issam1234 Win User
    First, I have the Yoga 300-11iby, It is the 500GB hard drive model, My problem is, I have win 10 working, but i mistakenly made Windows 8 installer (which is broken) the default, and when i click F9 to "Choose another Operating System" It gets me back to the same Win 8 Error

Issam1234, May 31, 2017
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    If you have Win 10 working, just remove the entry for the Windows 8 bootmenu entry using EasyBCD, making the Windows 10 menu entry the default.
    If you can't boot to Windows 10, you need a bootable system to repair the boot menu.

Fafhrd, May 31, 2017
  7. Issam1234 Win User
    YES, Windows 10 Works, But BCD boots Windows 8 as default and does not give me an option to choose win10, when i click F9 to change systems it gets me back to the BSOD

Issam1234, May 31, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

zbook, May 31, 2017
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    I don't see how you can say windows 10 works, if you cannot boot into it.

If you can boot into Windows 10, then you can repair the boot.

If you only have a choice to boot into windows 8 installer, and it doesn't boot there but BSODs, then:

- You need to boot into something stable in order to repair the BCD.
    - You cannot obtain a memory dump to post in the BSOD thread.

Since you have nothing to boot from the HDD, then you need another bootable drive eg a USB or DVD.

Fafhrd, May 31, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    @Fafhrd is correct. You need to recover the system with a bootable USB flash drive or DVD. What you should have done to begin with is extract the Windows 8 setup ISO file to it's own partition and boot from that partition. Booting from the ISO file is iffy, at best, and if the ISO file is stored on the partition you want to install Windows 8 to, well that just doesn't work.

NavyLCDR, Jun 1, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Are your files backed up?
    Can you reinstall your applications and recreate you bookmarks?

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f. - Similar Threads - Trying Downgrade Using

2. BSOD after downgrade to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after downgrade to Win 10?: Hello everyone! Today I updated my PC to Windows 11. After having a look I decided it ultimately wasn't for me and downgraded back to Windows 10. When my PC first started on Win10 again it was incredibly slow and then after about a minute I got a BSOD. The PC restarted by...
  3. BSOD after downgrade to Win 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after downgrade to Win 10?: Hello everyone! Today I updated my PC to Windows 11. After having a look I decided it ultimately wasn't for me and downgraded back to Windows 10. When my PC first started on Win10 again it was incredibly slow and then after about a minute I got a BSOD. The PC restarted by...
  4. Win 11: Multiple BSOD's occuring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11: Multiple BSOD's occuring: Hello Community,I've bought a new computer 2-3 months ago. It has been running perfectly fine until the last 2-3 weeks. For some reason, it keeps Bluescreening me now.There were always different "errors" showing up on the Bluescreen, some of them were the...
  5. Downgrading to windows 8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downgrading to windows 8: I'm considering downgrading to win 8 because I had enough of win 10 updates. I'm sick and tired of it messing up my work. I'm a structural engineering student who has lots of projects, online lectures etc. I tried disabling updates guides and nothing works. I literally set...
  6. downgrading to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrading to Windows 8: I want to downgrade my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 8 which was installed on my PC before. But I upgraded to Windows 10 about a year ago and cannot roll back easily. I found out that I have to restore the computer to the original state. I pressed Troubleshoot and then Reset...
  7. downgrading to windows 8

downgrading to windows 8: I want to downgrade to windows 8 from windows 10. Ive never had windows 8. I recently bought windows 10 for 180 dollars. and windows 10 is such a pain with the automatic screen resolution changes. I bought a new gaming monitor. whenever I restart my computer or come out of...
  8. Error code 0x000000f

Error code 0x000000f: Recovery...I don't have recovery tool. I need help to restart computer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x000000f/e4d131dc-e829-4d28-a048-ccb5f55a3459
  9. Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f.: Hello, Just as the Title says, I am trying to Downgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with a Windows 8 ISO using EasyBCD, Since i dont have a flash drive, I could not do it and had to resort on EasyBCD, I forgot to add some files to the partition and i made the Installer default, and...
  10. Error 0x000000f and can't recover?

Error 0x000000f and can't recover?: I'm upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. It shut down, got into the installation screen and last I checked it was at 25% before it crashed and now I'm getting an error code 0x000000f and it's saying it doesn't have access to required files or device. If I...
Tags: