Windows 10: Trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1. I've downloaded 8.1 but can't open setup.exe to install it.

Discus and support Trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1. I've downloaded 8.1 but can't open setup.exe to install it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have seen many posts on here about windows 10 and how it creates problems opening file explorer. i, too, am having problems. i have done all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeniseDimock, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1. I've downloaded 8.1 but can't open setup.exe to install it.

i have seen many posts on here about windows 10 and how it creates problems opening file explorer. i, too, am having problems. i have done all the suggestions found here and elsewhere and am currently trying to downgrade to windows 8.1. i went to microsoft and downloaded that version, but now i can't seem to open the setup.exe file and get it actually loaded onto my computer. this is getting more frustrating by the minute since i can't seem to get to anything on file explorer.

any suggestions?

thank you.

* Original title: cannot open file explorer windows 10

:)

DeniseDimock, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 Available for Download

i didn`t notice any difference, it`s ie7 camouflaged of 8. *Wtf :wtf:

SUPERREDDEVIL, Apr 28, 2019
  4. RandelA Win User

Trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1. I've downloaded 8.1 but can't open setup.exe to install it.

Legally download Windows 7 and 8

I have a product key that is genuine, is this a retail key? I got it free from my university's dreamspark. If so, I could do a clean install with an upgrade disc (provided at microsoft's site) without any extra steps such as registry editing, etc etc.. ?

RandelA, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1. I've downloaded 8.1 but can't open setup.exe to install it.

1. Trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1. I've downloaded 8.1 but can't open setup.exe to install it. - Similar Threads - Trying downgrade I've

2. No apps install from downloaded exe on new Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No apps install from downloaded exe on new Surface Pro 8: Trying to install windows apps on new Surface Pro 8 w/ Windows 11 up-to-date w/ updates that I had been using on Surface Pro 6 w/ Windows 10. Nothing that downloads an exe will install: Microsoft Teams, TurboTax... But Adobe Acrobat installs from web. Various versions of the...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality Portal Error 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Portal Error 1-8: I am having an issue where this error keeps popping up when plugging my hdmi port in. Mind you I am using a converter, all but one of my ports are using the hdmi that's boxed off on one side. So I felt to use a converter. It's not catching it at all. I just would like to...
  4. Windows Mixed Reality Portal Error 1-8

Windows Mixed Reality Portal Error 1-8: I am having an issue where this error keeps popping up when plugging my hdmi port in. Mind you I am using a converter, all but one of my ports are using the hdmi that's boxed off on one side. So I felt to use a converter. It's not catching it at all. I just would like to...
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. Error code: 1-8

Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  7. Downgrading to windows 8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downgrading to windows 8: I'm considering downgrading to win 8 because I had enough of win 10 updates. I'm sick and tired of it messing up my work. I'm a structural engineering student who has lots of projects, online lectures etc. I tried disabling updates guides and nothing works. I literally set...
  8. Typing 1/8 with Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing 1/8 with Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard: How come there seems to be no direct way of typing the fraction 1/8 with the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard, even though there are key combinations for ⅜, ⅝, and ⅞, viz. Shift + Right Ctrl + 5, 6, 7 respectively? Am I missing something?...
  9. downgrading to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrading to Windows 8: I want to downgrade my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 8 which was installed on my PC before. But I upgraded to Windows 10 about a year ago and cannot roll back easily. I found out that I have to restore the computer to the original state. I pressed Troubleshoot and then Reset...
  10. downgrading to windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrading to windows 8: I want to downgrade to windows 8 from windows 10. Ive never had windows 8. I recently bought windows 10 for 180 dollars. and windows 10 is such a pain with the automatic screen resolution changes. I bought a new gaming monitor. whenever I restart my computer or come out of...