Windows 10: Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found.

Discus and support Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am on windows 10, I havent had problems downloading .jar before, I have the latest java and I am fully updated. Im a bit of a computer noob so any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DevSammy, Jun 14, 2019.

1. DevSammy Win User

Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found.

I am on windows 10, I havent had problems downloading .jar before, I have the latest java and I am fully updated. Im a bit of a computer noob so any help is great.

:)

DevSammy, Jun 14, 2019

2. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

Have you tried the second solution?

"Open the Settings app. Navigate to the System > Default apps.

Scroll all the way down and select Choose default apps by file type.

Locate the .jar file type and choose a default application.

This method offers limited options and you can only choose applications recognized by Windows 10. Fortunately, there’s another method that you can try. To change file associations, do the following:

Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Control Panel from the list.

When Control Panel opens, select Default Programs.

Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Locate the .jar file on the list and double-click it.

A list of suggested applications will appear. Click on More apps.

Scroll all the way down and choose Look for another app on this PC.

Locate the javaw.exe file. By default, the application should be located in Program Files folder. Select the application and choose it as a default for .jar files.

Optional: Some users recommend changing the parameters of javaw.exe. To do that, simply locate the file and create its shortcut. Right-click it and navigate to the Properties. Now, locate the Target file and add -jar “%1” % . Be sure to select this newly created
    shortcut in Step 7.

You can also change file association by right clicking the jar file and choosing Open With > Choose another app. After doing that, follow the steps 5 to 8 from the above"

DouglasMillar69, Jun 14, 2019
  3. .jar files opening in internet explorer

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that .jar files opens in Internet Explorer by default and downloads again on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the .jar file, select Open with
    and click on Choose another app.

2. Select the app you want to open the .jar file from list.

3. If required, highlight the app and check the option
    Always use this app to open, click OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jun 14, 2019
  4. NateHoopu Win User

.jar files opening in internet explorer

I have the same problem, I accidentaly switched a .jar file to open with internet explorer, or notepad, I can't remember, and I forgot to unselect set it to the default, and now I can't get back to the java thing, please help.

NateHoopu, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found. - Similar Threads - Trying download jar

2. When i try to login it says account not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to login it says account not found: Hi there, recently tried to login to my other microsoft account but was unable to as it showed the error as account not found and when i tried to make a new account with the email i previously tried it did not send me the one time codes to that email. In my windows account it...
  3. When i try to login it says account not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i try to login it says account not found: Hi there, recently tried to login to my other microsoft account but was unable to as it showed the error as account not found and when i tried to make a new account with the email i previously tried it did not send me the one time codes to that email. In my windows account it...
  4. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  5. Application gets struck when I try to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application gets struck when I try to open: I Am unable to open one application normally and also cannot find its file location in any of the drives. But I can only open the application through "Run as Administrator". Please help me resolve the issue....
  6. Application gets struck when I try to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application gets struck when I try to open: I Am unable to open one application normally and also cannot find its file location in any of the drives. But I can only open the application through "Run as Administrator". Please help me resolve the issue....
  7. When I try to open a .exe or jar file, it says I need administrator, however I can access...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I try to open a .exe or jar file, it says I need administrator, however I can access...: it looks like this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-a-exe-or-jar-file-it-says-i/34bf1298-0426-4978-abee-925798c2e8df
  8. When I want to open the downloaded application, the download fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I want to open the downloaded application, the download fails: When I want to open the downloaded application, the download fails, I open the installation logs To enable the registration of assembly binding errors, set the registry value [HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Fusion! EnableLog] DWORD to 1. Note. Logging assembly binding errors...
  9. Java won't work when I try and open jar files with it

Java won't work when I try and open jar files with it: I just got Java SE binary and this message keeps pooping up when ever I try and open a jar file:[ATTACH] I've already installed Java and had the installation complete, what do I do?...
  10. Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything

Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything: So my computer has been fine up until last night. I was trying to open my discord app when I first got an error message saying 'No Such Interface Supported'. Well i tried looking up some possible ways to fix this but it seems i might have made it worse I'm not sure. I have...