Windows 10: Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me

Discus and support Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I do not have a fingerprint option on my laptop. Windows says the PIN and Hello Face are currently unavailable. Windows Store requires one of those... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WV_frustrated, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me

I do not have a fingerprint option on my laptop. Windows says the PIN and Hello Face are currently unavailable. Windows Store requires one of those three in order for me to download an app. I am using Windows 10. What hte heck is going on?

:)

WV_frustrated, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Roy 59er Win User

Error 80073cf9 when trying to download a game

HOW TO FIX WINDOWS PHONE ERROR 80073cf9 STEP 1: CHECK YOUR REGIONAL SETTINGS
    • Go to Settings.
    • Tap Regions.
    • In case you have made any changes to this setting, you need to change your region and match that with your region as mentioned in your Microsoft account.
    • Go to downloads.
    • Cancel all the pending downloads. Now try to download the apps from Windows Store.
    • If this method is unable to resolve your problem, switch on to the Step 2.
    STEP 2: CORRECT YOUR LOCATION SETTINGS

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Locations.
    • Turn this ON.
    • Try downloading some apps from windows store. Make sure to allow location services when asked for it during download.
    STEP 3: FIX STORAGE MANAGEMENT

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Storage Sense.
    • If you have set the default location of store new apps on as SD Card, then make it as Phone and try again.
    • You can then move the app to the SD Card after the completion of download.

Roy 59er, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me

1. Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me - Similar Threads - Trying download app

2. When I try and download an app for Microsoft or even update my computer it doesn't allow me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try and download an app for Microsoft or even update my computer it doesn't allow me...: I have tried all the methods I could comprehend that were listed and nothing helpedThe error code I receive is 0x800700E9. The update states "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."...
  3. When I try and download an app for Microsoft or even update my computer it doesn't allow me...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I try and download an app for Microsoft or even update my computer it doesn't allow me...: I have tried all the methods I could comprehend that were listed and nothing helpedThe error code I receive is 0x800700E9. The update states "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."...
  4. laptop wont allow me to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont allow me to download: whenever i try to download anything this pops up usually there is a button that says yes for allowing an app to make changes to device but for some reason it isnt appearing for me how do i fix this asap...
  5. laptop wont allow me to download

laptop wont allow me to download: whenever i try to download anything this pops up usually there is a button that says yes for allowing an app to make changes to device but for some reason it isnt appearing for me how do i fix this asap...
  6. laptop wont allow me to download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. MInecraft will not allow me to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MInecraft will not allow me to download: As of now i got a new PC and is trying to redownload Minecraft but as i try i get this message Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001But I am...
  8. MInecraft will not allow me to download

MInecraft will not allow me to download: As of now i got a new PC and is trying to redownload Minecraft but as i try i get this message Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001But I am...
  9. allow app download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allow app download: I don't see how to allow Go To Meeting download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-app-download/d3f8e4d2-a0d9-4efc-8792-43f7edb11ba8
  10. Store not allowing me to download apps and games

Store not allowing me to download apps and games: I am trying to download Minecraft Windows 10 on my lenovo t440p. When I go try to download an app or game the install button is blue but when I go and try to download it I click the install button it does not do anything. I saw that my laptop is not in my "trusted devices"...