Windows 10: Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window

Discus and support Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fortnitee70, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window

Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window

:)

Fortnitee70, Apr 14, 2024
  2. Epic_149 Win User

Trying to download Epic Games

Hi I'm trying to download epic games and it's coming up with the the message i may need to open another window for this.. it just won't download and I can't work out why. Any help would be appreciated

Epic_149, Apr 14, 2024
  3. ERROR 0xc000012f whe I try to enter the Epic Games Launcher

Hi BrayanOng,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error code: 0xc000012f when entering the Epic Game Launcher. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were you able to enter the Epic Game Launcher before without any problem?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Epic game Launcher?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Wilfred Mac, Apr 14, 2024
  4. Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window

EOS-ERR-1602 when installing Epic Online Services component to Epic Games Launcher in Windows 11

I have been troubleshooting with Epic Games and none of the solutions they came up with worked for me, so the agent suggested I ask Microsoft for guidance since EOS-ERR codes are related to the MSI installer.

This is what I have tried:

Reinstalling the Epic Games Launcher

Updating Windows 11 and restarting the computer

Running Epic Games Launcher as administrator

Granting Read and Write permissions to Epic Games Launcher

Shutting down Windows Installer Service and then attempting the install

Running the Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter from Microsoft

Relocating Epic Launcher to my main drive

Even after all these actions I still get a prompt to install Epic Online Services from the Epic Games Launcher, and when I tried to install it I get the EOS-ERR-1602 error code when it fails to install.

Anyone know any next steps?

Thank you for reading this.

David Tveraas, Apr 14, 2024
Thema:

Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window

1. Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window - Similar Threads - Trying download epic

2. Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window: Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-download-epic-games-and-it-says-you/1aba20d8-58a5-40bc-9db7-32868b8d9ea6
  3. Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window: Trying to download epic games and it says you might need to take action in another window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-download-epic-games-and-it-says-you/1aba20d8-58a5-40bc-9db7-32868b8d9ea6
  4. You might need to take action in another window Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    You might need to take action in another window Microsoft Store: [IMG]The message “You might need to take action in another window” during an app installation from the Microsoft Store can be frustrating. In this article, we will show you how to fix this Microsoft Store error message. You might need to take action in another window...
  5. microsoft store - you might need to take action in another window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store - you might need to take action in another window: im just trying to download this painting app and i pressed download but i realized it hadn't moved in hours so i cancelled it and installed again but this time it just got stuck on installing with the message "You may need to take action in another window" underneath it. I've...
  6. microsoft store - you might need to take action in another window

microsoft store - you might need to take action in another window: im just trying to download this painting app and i pressed download but i realized it hadn't moved in hours so i cancelled it and installed again but this time it just got stuck on installing with the message "You may need to take action in another window" underneath it. I've...
  7. What do I do when it says you might need to take action in another window when trying to...

What do I do when it says you might need to take action in another window when trying to...: I've been trying to download teams but it's stuck for some reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-when-it-says-you-might-need-to-take/86f544c8-3f62-41a3-8c06-de4427068b40
  8. What does it mean when it says you might need to take action in another window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does it mean when it says you might need to take action in another window: I am trying to download epic games store on the Microsoft store and it saying you might need to take action in another’s window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-when-it-says-you-might-need-to/2308c646-8103-405a-b963-47c7b6d76ca5
  9. What does it mean when it says you might need to take action in another window

What does it mean when it says you might need to take action in another window: I am trying to download epic games store on the Microsoft store and it saying you might need to take action in another’s window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-when-it-says-you-might-need-to/2308c646-8103-405a-b963-47c7b6d76ca5
  10. What does 'you might need to take action in another window' mean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does 'you might need to take action in another window' mean: What does 'you might need to take action in another window' mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-you-might-need-to-take-action-in-another/86701a01-28f0-4d1f-88e7-a88543f863b8