Windows 10: Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

Discus and support Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried a virus scan, cmd, and waiting for the error to show up again, and it didn't show me what it's causing it. I even tried to update the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZackQuartarolo, May 27, 2023.

1. Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

I tried a virus scan, cmd, and waiting for the error to show up again, and it didn't show me what it's causing it. I even tried to update the hard drive, but no luck, and restart the computer with all the usbs disconnected. Is there anyway to fix this?

:)

ZackQuartarolo, May 27, 2023
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 27, 2023
  3. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 27, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

Default App for Downloading torrent files

George

You say a right click produces 'Open in New Tab' . . . are you right clicking the magnet file on a page in your web browser?

You need to download the torrent file to the downloads folder on your PC

Then right click the torrent file on your PC and follow the steps above

You are correct uTorrent or BitTorrent will not show up in the list of Default Apps because that is not really installed on your PC like a conventional App, it is simply copied to the folder I listed above when you install it

DaveM121, May 27, 2023
Thema:

Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

1. Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC... - Similar Threads - Trying download files

2. Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...: I tried a virus scan, cmd, and waiting for the error to show up again, and it didn't show me what it's causing it. I even tried to update the hard drive, but no luck, and restart the computer with all the usbs disconnected. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  3. Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...: I tried a virus scan, cmd, and waiting for the error to show up again, and it didn't show me what it's causing it. I even tried to update the hard drive, but no luck, and restart the computer with all the usbs disconnected. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  4. Cannot use my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use my external hard drive: First of all. Sorry for bad grammar and punctuation. I'm still learning English! I'm trying to use my external hard drive but nothing will open because I'm pretty sure I messed up the security permissions. I remember being in the security permissions and wondering what would...
  5. downloading to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    downloading to an external hard drive: I recently bought an external hard drive for my hp labtop that connects with a usb cable. I think it has been recognized but I cant seem to look at the storage on it when I go to settings and storage it doesnt show up. Im just trying to download world of warcraft to a file on...
  6. Files on External Hard Drive

Files on External Hard Drive: can i edit, rename,delete, organize photos and files that are on an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-external-hard-drive/7f4616f5-8277-4ed5-88c1-fb019bcd810a
  7. Restoring Files From An External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Files From An External Hard Drive: So I had to send in my previous laptop for repair and backed up my critical files and programs prior to sending it off. Glad I did so, since the folks doing the repairs, totally borked it. I got my warranty refund and purchased a new laptop. Problems have arisen though, in...
  8. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  9. BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive: Hello, title says it all. Basically I was torrenting a large file to an external hard drive. For many hours, it worked fine, and while I was using the laptop, it was just for listening to music. It was the only torrent I was downloading during the time and I wasnt seeding...
  10. files on external hard drive

files on external hard drive: Hi, This a bit complicated We had a PC crash last year & PC world downloaded all our files on our Maxtor external hard drive now I want to put all our pictures/ photos back on & if I click on the file & find 'send' it only offers to send the file to Docs or shortcut to...