Windows 10: Trying to download Group Policy editor but no gpedit.msc, only gpedit.dll

Discus and support Trying to download Group Policy editor but no gpedit.msc, only gpedit.dll in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I have Windows 10 Home and am trying to download the group policy editor so that I can optimize delivery and download games faster than 500... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KyleO'Connell, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Trying to download Group Policy editor but no gpedit.msc, only gpedit.dll

Hi all,

I have Windows 10 Home and am trying to download the group policy editor so that I can optimize delivery and download games faster than 500 kb/s on the xbox app. I followed Method # 1 from this website https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/ and used the GPedit Installer to install the requisite files. I have Windows 10 64-bit so I followed the next steps of copying“GroupPolicy“, “GroupPolicyUsers” and gpedit.msc. from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to C:\Windows\System32 but upon inspection of my SysWOW64 folder I noticed that I do not have the file "gpedit.msc" instead I have the file "gpedit.dll" and also "gpedit.dll.mui". I have the other 2 folders however.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong? I followed all the steps. When I ran the setup application that was included in the initial file download it prompted me to download some files I think they were something like "Net 2.0" and "Net 3.0" claiming that I needed them, that was the only deviation from the outline in Method # 1 that I had experienced.

If you cannot ascertain where the problem is can you possibly advise me of another way to do it. If I try downloading with the Power Shell method Method # 2 on the website linked above will that work or do I need to take some steps before doing that like say, deleting all the files associated with the first method of download before redownloading gpedit?

Thanks for any help, this has been very frustrating and any help would be very much appreciated!

:)

KyleO'Connell, Sep 2, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Sep 2, 2020
  3. BrianTJUK Win User
    I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Trying to download Group Policy editor but no gpedit.msc, only gpedit.dll

how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Trying to download Group Policy editor but no gpedit.msc, only gpedit.dll

1. Trying to download Group Policy editor but no gpedit.msc, only gpedit.dll - Similar Threads - Trying download Group

2. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  3. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  4. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...: Hello, I want to run gpedit.msc on Windows 11, but it isn't found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-group-policy-editor-isnt-found-in-windows/0aae2cec-8c1e-4179-886d-24178e9df6c1
  6. gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...: Hello, I want to run gpedit.msc on Windows 11, but it isn't found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-group-policy-editor-isnt-found-in-windows/0aae2cec-8c1e-4179-886d-24178e9df6c1
  7. Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy)

in Browsers and Email
    Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy): Hi forum I want to disable two Edge policies below, but I can't find anything in GPEdit (Group Policy)! Any help? (Current Edge version : 91.0.864.37 Stable x64) Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Docs Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation |...
  8. No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT: Hello, I'm not sure how or when this happened, but I've lost the ability to filter policies in the Local Group Policy Editor. There is no button for filtering nor an option in the Action menu. Please see the picture below. [ATTACH] How can I restore the option to filter...
  9. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  10. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error: My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol. There is also no files in my Group Policy file in system 32...