Windows 10: trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then...

Discus and support trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Problem with Windows Installation Media. It won't load onto my computer. stops at about 86% and tells me that for some unknown reason it cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roger Johnson3, May 23, 2023.

1. trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then...

Problem with Windows Installation Media. It won't load onto my computer. stops at about 86% and tells me that for some unknown reason it cannot complete the download of the files. I am trying to create an iso disk but never get that far before the above message appears.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Roger Johnson3, May 23, 2023
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, May 23, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. HAT
    hat Win User

trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then...

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then...

1. trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then... - Similar Threads - trying download installation

2. trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then...: Problem with Windows Installation Media. It won't load onto my computer. stops at about 86% and tells me that for some unknown reason it cannot complete the download of the files. I am trying to create an iso disk but never get that far before the above message appears.Any...
  3. trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to download the windows installation media to iso file. Gets to about 86% and then...: Problem with Windows Installation Media. It won't load onto my computer. stops at about 86% and tells me that for some unknown reason it cannot complete the download of the files. I am trying to create an iso disk but never get that far before the above message appears.Any...
  4. verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool: HelloHow can I verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool ?Is there a checksum list on microsoft website?thanks for your advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-the-iso-file-downloaded-by-media-creation/fd64da3b-c9e7-490c-96b3-9e9112912fdf
  5. verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool

verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool: HelloHow can I verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool ?Is there a checksum list on microsoft website?thanks for your advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-the-iso-file-downloaded-by-media-creation/fd64da3b-c9e7-490c-96b3-9e9112912fdf
  6. I can't download windows installation media ISOs

I can't download windows installation media ISOs: I was downloading Windows 11 installation media and lost my network connection. Upon trying to restart I receive and error message when I am trying to get back to downloading.This is the error I receive:ErrorWe are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users,...
  7. I can't download windows installation media ISOs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download windows installation media ISOs: I was downloading Windows 11 installation media and lost my network connection. Upon trying to restart I receive and error message when I am trying to get back to downloading.This is the error I receive:ErrorWe are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users,...
  8. get error while trying to download windows 11 iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get error while trying to download windows 11 iso: HiI got this error while trying to download windows11 iso file. please help.We encountered a problem with your request. Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer to Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID 5c7ab919-ffb4-4a77-9bcb-e0f31f863661....
  9. get error while trying to download windows 11 iso

get error while trying to download windows 11 iso: HiI got this error while trying to download windows11 iso file. please help.We encountered a problem with your request. Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer to Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID 5c7ab919-ffb4-4a77-9bcb-e0f31f863661....
  10. Trying to download Windows ISO file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to download Windows ISO file: I'm using a Mac trying to download Microsoft 10 ISO file but keep getting an error message. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-download-windows-iso-file/237f17d4-ad5e-4978-9406-2b6f8483318b