Windows 10: Trying to Download windows 10 to USB

Discus and support Trying to Download windows 10 to USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to download windows 10 to a USB drive. When I'm prompted to the area where I must select the USB drive to install windows on, the software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gayboy432, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Gayboy432 Win User

Trying to Download windows 10 to USB

I'm trying to download windows 10 to a USB drive. When I'm prompted to the area where I must select the USB drive to install windows on, the software isn't able to identify that I have a USB plugged in. It just says no devices found. My pc however recognizes that I have a USB plugged in. So basically, my PC knows there's a USB plugged in, however the windows 10 software doesn't recognize that there is, therefore I cannot continue on with the installation.

:)

Gayboy432, Dec 28, 2016

2. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

Reverting back to 7 is not possible, who would of guessed? God damn wheres the **** support for this ****!

I have also tried to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet and the same or similar problems arise (not being able to access the flashing or none flashing taskbar with along with the windows associated programs). I suppose the direction windows
    is going, that internet is just a useless thing of the past??

Windows 11 or "9" must be the answer to the inbred thinking to windows 10. AWFUL COMPANY AND PRODUCT! thanks for the damn support Trying to Download windows 10 to USB ;) i feel appreciated as a customer.

downgraded to 10, Dec 28, 2016
  3. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

I will just disregard this message and revert back to Windows 7. This has been very disappointing. This is a Microsoft upgrade and a Microsoft issue, which there is minute support for. I use this computer for work purposes, and this experience has done nothing
    but conflict the way I make my money. Therefor, I will not be wasting my money on a company that has no interest in supporting their customers or taking the time (three years obviously was not nearly enough) to make sure,
    their product, is fully functional before it is pushed out.

Please ignore this entire post unless there is a known fix or an update that solves the incompetency of this upgrade. I wish to not waste anymore of my time with dead ends. Wish me good luck in reverting back to 7 as I have little faith in this faulty operating
    system!

downgraded to 10, Dec 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 28, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Just to add to dalchina's post (it is written in the link provided). Your USB drive must hold at least 4 GB (32-bit) or 8 GB for 64-bit Windows. It will be formatted.

You can also save ISO to hard drive and deal with USB problem later.

AndreTen, Dec 28, 2016
  6. Some thumb drives will show up as Fixed Disks instead of removable media. Certain utilities will then ignore them. Open disk management and see what it shows for that drive. Sandisk thumb drive maybe?

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to Download windows 10 to USB - Similar Threads - Trying Download USB

2. downloading windows 10 to usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading windows 10 to usb: when downlloading the windows media creation tool i get all way up too select language ,architecture, edition and then press next and it doesnt give me the option to pick which media to use what should i do ?...
  3. downloading windows 10 to usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloading windows 10 to usb: when downlloading the windows media creation tool i get all way up too select language ,architecture, edition and then press next and it doesnt give me the option to pick which media to use what should i do ?...
  4. Downloading Windows 10 for USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Windows 10 for USB: I bought a Windows 10 key and keep trying to access the link to create an ISO file to put on my usb, but each link won't load? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-windows-10-for-usb/dc43cc11-8a97-47cd-afb7-d0eacb17fc8d
  5. Downloading Windows 10 for USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Windows 10 for USB: I bought a Windows 10 key and keep trying to access the link to create an ISO file to put on my usb, but each link won't load? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-windows-10-for-usb/dc43cc11-8a97-47cd-afb7-d0eacb17fc8d
  6. Downloading Windows 10 for USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Trying to download windows installer on USB

Trying to download windows installer on USB: i was just playing a game on my laptop when suddenly the whole system froze and turned off. upon trying to restart, windows never comes back. trying to start up repair takes over 48 hours for nothing to happen. trying other repair methods do nothing too. so my last resort is...
  8. downloading windows 10 on usb

downloading windows 10 on usb: Hi. Im tring to download windows 10 on usb and for some strange reason the pc wants to download straight on my p. I did select optionto create usb file and when I click next it says I don't have enough space on my c drive. My usb is d drive. Can someone help. Yhanks...
  9. Windows 10 download to usb

Windows 10 download to usb: I just built my first computer and was excited to get to use Windows 10 for the first time. So I downloaded from the website and selected download to usb so I can install on the new build, but it's been "Getting a few things ready" for 12 hours now. So far all I've been able...
  10. Downloading windows 10 on a USB

Downloading windows 10 on a USB: Hello when I try to download windows 10 on a usb it either gets stuck on 50 % or I get the error code:0x80070015 - 0xa001b what should I do? Thanks In Advanced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to download installation media keeps trying to save on hard drive not usb