Windows 10: Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11

Discus and support Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Changed boot sequence to boot from Win7 Install CD, but after accessing the CD it just opens Win11. From File Explorer ran Setup from CD, get error msg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Colly377, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Colly377 Win User

Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11

Changed boot sequence to boot from Win7 Install CD, but after accessing the CD it just opens Win11. From File Explorer ran Setup from CD, get error msg "...partitions not in recommended order......"Created new drive as below : I'm a bit out of my depth here, can anyone help?Colin

:)

Colly377, Nov 14, 2022
  2. Anuj SK Win User

How to Dual-Boot Win11 w/ Win 7 ?

Through All, I Got that you need to install the older version of windows first then dual boot any later one,

while "no drivers found" was taking in on my patience

But seriously, is there ANY way to create a Win7 Dual-Boot on a Win11 Workstation ?

ANYY WAY just tell me please !!!!

Anuj SK, Nov 14, 2022
  3. dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 14, 2022
  4. Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11

How to Clone 'dual boot' Win7/Win10 HDD to new SSD

Hi Jackos,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to create a system image of Win7/Win10 and apply it to SSD.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below steps.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.
    • Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.
    • Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.
    • Select the driver, where you want to create system Image.
    • Follow on screen instruction.
    If you want to perform a dual boot you can refer to the below link and check if it helps:

Redirecting

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 14, 2022
Thema:

Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11

1. Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11 - Similar Threads - Trying dual boot

2. Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11: Changed boot sequence to boot from Win7 Install CD, but after accessing the CD it just opens Win11. From File Explorer ran Setup from CD, get error msg "...partitions not in recommended order......"Created new drive as below : I'm a bit out of my depth here, can anyone...
  3. win7 to win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win7 to win11: is it possible to upgrade from win7 to win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-to-win11/f5dd8172-536b-4dcc-b959-917e996dcb59
  4. win7 to win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win7 to win11: is it possible to upgrade from win7 to win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-to-win11/f5dd8172-536b-4dcc-b959-917e996dcb59
  5. Dual boot Win10 Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win10 Win7: Hi, Some time ago I bought a new laptop with Win10 pre-installed on it and have been trying to make my old programs work with this OS. I've found solutions for most of them but for a couple (a database and some old games) it doesn't seem possible to make them run on Win10....
  6. Dual booting alongside windows

Dual booting alongside windows: Hello I am trying to install Prime OS an android operating system along side my windows 10 but I keep getting an error. I don't have a usb or disc so I'm using the .exe installer instead of the iso. This is the error I get every time I try installing it.[ATTACH]...
  7. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...
  8. Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

Win10+Win7 dual boot issue: Dear all, I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem: I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the...
  9. Dual Boot Win7/Win10

Dual Boot Win7/Win10: Reloaded factory software on Dell XPS laptop Win7. Created additional partition for Win10. Installed Win10 iso from boot to the separate partition. Previously labeled C drive as Win7 and D drive as Win10. Default boot is Win7. Works fine. On the boot screen I choose Win10....
  10. Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

Dual Boot Win7 & Win10: I used the ISO (64bit) burnt to DVD, changed boot order to install and installed to a new 250GB HDD, setup was about 15 mins and the dual boot works great, Windows 10 installed fine and Windows 7 has not been affected and runs as normal *Biggrin 2010