Windows 10: Trying to edit the defaults.json file for Windows Terminal. I "don't have permission to...

Discus and support Trying to edit the defaults.json file for Windows Terminal. I "don't have permission to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Here's the error: [ATTACH] As you can see, I should have permission. But it still won't let me in. Any thoughts? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexLuke1, Aug 5, 2020.

1. AlexLuke1 Win User

Trying to edit the defaults.json file for Windows Terminal. I "don't have permission to...

Here's the error:

Trying to edit the defaults.json file for Windows Terminal.  I "don't have permission to... 45035864-804a-4fb9-9940-e6c20f0c9102?upload=true.png

As you can see, I should have permission. But it still won't let me in. Any thoughts?

Trying to edit the defaults.json file for Windows Terminal.  I "don't have permission to... f9dec435-8756-4092-955c-020dd9b3bda4?upload=true.png

Trying to edit the defaults.json file for Windows Terminal.  I "don't have permission to... e9155c1f-76ba-4e98-91fd-b75e36d6d00b?upload=true.png

:)

AlexLuke1, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Editing permissions

Hi ejmw,

Issues that you experience when you try to access files and folders may be related to permissions. Permissions are rules that determine whether you can access or change files and folders. To check permissions on a file or a folder, follow these steps:

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps:

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Important: You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 5, 2020
  3. 志雄朱 Win User
    Can't Update WindowsTerminal defaults.json

Windows 终端配色方案

When I save the update on file defaults.json, It will always warning me "Accessed denied", sort of .

志雄朱, Aug 5, 2020
  4. DaveBates Win User

Trying to edit the defaults.json file for Windows Terminal. I "don't have permission to...

I don't have permission to reply to emails in Outlook.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now whenever I try to reply to an email, I get a message that I don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation. I am listed as administrator to this PC. I cannot find a setting anywhere that allows me to change
    this. Any suggestions?

DaveBates, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to edit the defaults.json file for Windows Terminal. I "don't have permission to... - Similar Threads - Trying edit defaults

2. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  3. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  4. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  5. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  6. It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...: Recently My Hard drive attacked by some unknown virus/malware, i am not sure. But I used windows reset option to get rid of all unresponsive things started happening to Windows, but after reset it started acting weird, Some .JPG files shows this title error. What should i do?...
  7. It appears you don't have permission to access this file. Check the permissions and try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It appears you don't have permission to access this file. Check the permissions and try again.: I completely wrecked my previous laptop which had windows backup turned on. So, i took the internal hard drive out from the laptop and put in a hard drive enclosure. Now when I tried to restore files from the backup to my new laptop, whenever i try to access any restored file...
  8. How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?: I newly installed Windows Terminal after downloading it directly from Microsoft Store. Due to being complete novice I clicked on the drop down arrow, selected "Settings" and mistakenly set the default JSON Editor as "open in web browser". So now every time when I click on...
  9. I am trying to open a .jpg file and it says I don't have permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am trying to open a .jpg file and it says I don't have permission.: Windows 10 computer, I'm the only person that uses this computer. This file is on an external hard drive..could that be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-open-a-jpg-file-and-it-says-i-dont/1ef57084-883a-48ad-884f-5adb42c05ef8"
  10. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...