Windows 10: Trying to enable administrator so I change change the time on Dell Inspiron 15 5000

Discus and support Trying to enable administrator so I change change the time on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I'm not currently able to change the time zone on my laptop. When I go to settings Date and Time the timezone is greyed out, so I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ahls2020, Mar 4, 2020.

1. ahls2020 Win User

Trying to enable administrator so I change change the time on Dell Inspiron 15 5000

Hi

I'm not currently able to change the time zone on my laptop. When I go to settings Date and Time the timezone is greyed out, so I am unable to edit it.

From reading a previous thread, I understand that I need to enable the built in administrator on the laptop, so I can then update the timezone...

I tried running through the steps below that were included in that thread, however when I got to stage 5 the response was:

'The syntax of the command was incorrect.'

Please help!

Thanks

Thank you so much! Enabling the Built in Administrator was the only way I could get this to work. I kept searching various types of solutions only to find that they didn't work on Windows home. Only thing I had to do was figure out how to actually enable it.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
    2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    4. At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press Enter.
    5. Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    6. Type exit, and then press Enter.
    7. Log off the current user account.

:)

ahls2020, Mar 4, 2020

2. BIOS update on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series

I have a new Dell laptop, Inspiron 15 5000 Series. I received a message today that there was Dell update for BIOS, so I updated it.

When it rebooted, I received a message couldn't reboot. The only way to reboot was to go in and change the way to boot up. After I did that it rebooted but now I can't log on with face recognition, can't turn camera on. This is the second time this has
    happened and both times was after BIOS update.

glendahanna, Mar 4, 2020
  3. change boot sequence on dell inspiron 15 5000 series laptop

As stated above, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. I need to change the boot order to check my usb drive first. (to use a recovery drive I jut made). I can get to the UEFI screen, but I can't figure out how to add a usb to the boot order. Can
    anyone tell me either what to do, or where I can find what to do?

Thanks

RogerBlair1, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Trying to enable administrator so I change change the time on Dell Inspiron 15 5000

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop- the audio software with welcome, closing and other audio sounds does not work.

Since I purchased my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop, the Windows audio system doesn't work well. No Windows welcome or closing music, etc.

* Original title: Hi have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop purchased May 2017, the audio software with welcome, closing and other audio sounds does not work. Any suggestions?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MikeSzymczuk, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Trying to enable administrator so I change change the time on Dell Inspiron 15 5000

1. Trying to enable administrator so I change change the time on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 - Similar Threads - Trying enable administrator

2. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5515 restart loop while update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5515 restart loop while update: So I just had a fresh start on windows 10 and downloaded chrome. Then I started the automatic updates but after that the windows boots up and log into the account and after some seconds it crashes and shows me the blue screen Processor is ryzen 5 5500u...
  3. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 won't start upon arrival?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron 15 5000 won't start upon arrival?: Hello. I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 for college, and I was very excited to receive it considering all the specs it comes with. But when I plug it in, right out of the box, it will not boot up, and will not charge. I have never used this computer before, it's fresh out of...
  4. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 - "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 15 5000 - "Undoing changes made to your computer": Last night, my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop asked me to "Update and restart". I clicked on that option and left it to run overnight. Unfortunately, this morning, when I turned it on, it got stuck on the "Undoing changes made to your computer". It remained stuck for an...
  5. How can I change a custom paper setting on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change a custom paper setting on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series: I'm trying to set up a custom paper setting for 7" x 9.25" for a JGP file. HELP!!!! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-a-custom-paper-setting-on-dell/c3ea3f84-d03d-4d57-a8bf-7d998b7116a0
  6. I didn't changed anything in the internals [Dell Inspiron 15 5558]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I didn't changed anything in the internals [Dell Inspiron 15 5558]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/charan_v2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ilqj4i/i_didnt_changed_anything_in_the_internals_dell/
  7. change boot sequence on dell inspiron 15 5000 series laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    change boot sequence on dell inspiron 15 5000 series laptop: As stated above, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. I need to change the boot order to check my usb drive first. (to use a recovery drive I jut made). I can get to the UEFI screen, but I can't figure out how to add a usb to the boot order. Can anyone tell me...
  8. Bamboo Ink Stylus for Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series

Bamboo Ink Stylus for Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series: Does anybody know if this stylus works with a Dell 5000 Series Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bamboo-ink-stylus-for-dell-inspiron-15-5000-series/be321add-3847-48b9-b767-d6dc00cfbd03
  9. WiFi speed decrease on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi speed decrease on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop.: I use Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. From 2 weeks i am facing a problem where my laptop is getting lesser speed wifi connection while i am getting higher speed on my mobile. My mobile is getting 40 mbps and my laptop is getting only 10 mbps. I have tested the speed of...
  10. Dell Inspiron 15/5000 realsense camera not starting after sleep

Dell Inspiron 15/5000 realsense camera not starting after sleep: I have a relatively new Dell laptop and the Windows 10 Windows Hello works very well, responds quickly on startup. Problem is that when the laptop wakens from sleep the camera does not start. I thus have to resort, invariably, to access by Pin number. Defeats the whole...