Windows 10: Trying to establish admin password for 1st time; not allowing

Discus and support Trying to establish admin password for 1st time; not allowing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I just had win 10 installed and I am trying to establish an admin password as the computer place I had win 10 installed at did not replace my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ABURTON2, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ABURTON2 Win User

Trying to establish admin password for 1st time; not allowing

Hello. I just had win 10 installed and I am trying to establish an admin password as the computer place I had win 10 installed at did not replace my admin password from win 7 to win 10. This was not an upgrade; new SSD & new fresh win 10 install.

I go in and try to set my admin password.

It asks me for my current password.

I don't have one; leave blank or try old one.

I hit next.

Messages "This field is required." or "This password is incorrect. Try again."

What is going on?

How can I fix this?

I have no password to logon cpu, but I want & need one.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

:)

ABURTON2, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 19, 2019
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Sep 19, 2019
  4. freeboy Win User

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to establish admin password for 1st time; not allowing - Similar Threads - Trying establish admin

2. Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin password: My admin quit and will not give us the admin password on their laptop, now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/679e214e-0c3b-4802-a253-541a89853b95
  3. Admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password: My admin quit and will not give us the admin password on their laptop, now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/679e214e-0c3b-4802-a253-541a89853b95
  4. admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin password: my mom got a windows computer they were giving away from her work but you cant play any games on it because of the work admin & we do not have the username or password of it so can we get rid of that with out the user & pass?...
  5. Allow account to run a program as admin without needing my password or admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow account to run a program as admin without needing my password or admin: Hello! I have someone else who uses my computer and had a standard account, but they've been having trouble running a game, as it needs to launch as admin and requires my password everytime. I've tried using the task scheduler workaround but that didn't work, and I was...
  6. One Drive Access 1st time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Access 1st time: Just upgraded OS from Win 7 Premium 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit & after signing in w/password errors out not allowing me access. I have NEVER had access to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-access-1st-time/740a07d7-b2b5-4d63-8bd1-9e7b0046d5e7"
  7. Admin password

Admin password: Hi All, i am wondering if anyone can help. I have just set an open password on my laptop for Windows 10 (I only have one Admin account). I have just tried to get in but the password is not working - it was a four digit password containing just numbers so there is no way i...
  8. Admin password

Admin password: I can sign in into microsoft with my email but my Admin password with the same email does not recognize my password My pin wont work, I cannot access updates of admin my computer I have access as a user but my two admin accounts wont work, I tried the community but so far...
  9. admin. password

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin. password: replace admin. name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/e97f10b5-15ec-48c6-a905-778d16bf00e7
  10. admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin password: I forgot my password for the admin account how do I change it or remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/ecba1872-0038-4d34-98dd-c09814bf11ec"