Windows 10: Trying to factory reset my computer so I can install Windows 10 Home - won't reset

Discus and support Trying to factory reset my computer so I can install Windows 10 Home - won't reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed jobs, but was allowed to keep my laptop. My laptop has Windows 10 Enterprise and my license is expiring. I am now trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jacqueline Meijer, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Trying to factory reset my computer so I can install Windows 10 Home - won't reset

Hi,

I recently changed jobs, but was allowed to keep my laptop. My laptop has Windows 10 Enterprise and my license is expiring. I am now trying to install Windows 10 Home edition. I have gone through the process of changing the edition via regedit, but when I get to the point of mounting my Windows 10 ISO file, it says it is going to install Windows 10 Enterprise.

Next, I backed up all of my files and tried to factory reset my laptop. I receive an error saying it is unable to reset. Very frustrating!

Any other advice? My laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad, purchased in 2017.

thanks!

:)

Jacqueline Meijer, Oct 9, 2018

2. System reset and viruses

Can a computer virus possibly survive a factory reset? A friend brought over a heavily infected Windows 10 machine. I couldn't get anything to work as far as removing the infections. After performing a factory reset, it was infected about a day later. The virus that keep popping up, is koobface.

GoFigureItOut, Oct 9, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Oct 9, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

Trying to factory reset my computer so I can install Windows 10 Home - won't reset

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Trying to factory reset my computer so I can install Windows 10 Home - won't reset

1. Trying to factory reset my computer so I can install Windows 10 Home - won't reset - Similar Threads - Trying factory reset

2. I am trying to factory reset my windows 10 computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to factory reset my windows 10 computer.: I need help, I try to factory reset my windows 10 computer and its saying failed, I tried downloading windows using the tool, it still failed. I've tried looking up multiple tutorials on youtube saying "sfc /scannow" sfc /scannow doesn't work either. it says "Windows Resource...
  3. I am trying to factory reset my windows 10 computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to factory reset my windows 10 computer.: I need help, I try to factory reset my windows 10 computer and its saying failed, I tried downloading windows using the tool, it still failed. I've tried looking up multiple tutorials on youtube saying "sfc /scannow" sfc /scannow doesn't work either. it says "Windows Resource...
  4. I am trying to factory reset my windows 10 computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows won't install after I factory reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't install after I factory reset it: I was planning on selling my PC so I decided to factory reset it then reinstall Windows but well... now it doesn't want to work at all. Whenever I go to install Windows using a media usb it just tells me "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support...
  6. Windows won't install after I factory reset it

Windows won't install after I factory reset it: I was planning on selling my PC so I decided to factory reset it then reinstall Windows but well... now it doesn't want to work at all. Whenever I go to install Windows using a media usb it just tells me "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support...
  7. Windows won't install after I factory reset it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Factory reset computer and it won't install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset computer and it won't install windows: I tried restoring my acer to factory settings. when it rebooted and the "setup is starting services" appeared and then my laptop died. when I tried to restart my computer with the charger on it a message appeared on that same spot "the computer restarted unexpectedly or...
  9. Factory reset computer and it won't install windows

Factory reset computer and it won't install windows: I tried restoring my acer to factory settings. when it rebooted and the "setup is starting services" appeared and then my laptop died. when I tried to restart my computer with the charger on it a message appeared on that same spot "the computer restarted unexpectedly or...
  10. My Windows 10 Computer won't factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 Computer won't factory reset: I have tried everything to clean sweep my computer but I can not figure it out. Whenever I try to reset it says undoing changes and then says there was a problem resetting your pc, no changes were made. If anybody knows how to fix this please respond....