Windows 10: Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done.

Discus and support Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to factory reset my pc but my monitor just goes black and says “input not supported” I don’t know when the reset is done submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/y3sp1s, Feb 14, 2020.

1. /u/y3sp1s Win User

Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done.

I’ve been trying to factory reset my pc but my monitor just goes black and says “input not supported” I don’t know when the reset is done

submitted by /u/y3sp1s
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/y3sp1s, Feb 14, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 14, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 14, 2020
  4. sonbird99 Win User

comp won't let me factory reset

No..do you know how to tell me a step by step...right now I'm actually trying to place the computer to the day we got it.

sonbird99, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done. - Similar Threads - Trying factory reset

2. Try resetting PC. But I don’t want to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Try resetting PC. But I don’t want to.: Trying to recover from Windows did not start properly, I tried to uninstall latest feature update and message is Ran into a problem. Won’t be able to uninstall. Try resetting PC. But I don’t want to....
  3. Try resetting PC. But I don’t want to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Try resetting PC. But I don’t want to.: Trying to recover from Windows did not start properly, I tried to uninstall latest feature update and message is Ran into a problem. Won’t be able to uninstall. Try resetting PC. But I don’t want to....
  4. How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have

How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have: I’m trying to reset a PC my friend gave me to its factory setting. When I try I keep getting ask for the windows 10 dvd which my friend doesn’t have anymore. Is there a way to test my PC to factory setting without it?...
  5. I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...: when i try to log back in with my old profile it tells me "the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-pc-windows-10-selected-to-erase/d8f5d50c-49d4-4c8c-b975-ec596c590552
  6. I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...

I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...: when i try to log back in with my old profile it tells me "the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-pc-windows-10-selected-to-erase/d8f5d50c-49d4-4c8c-b975-ec596c590552
  7. I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash when I try to factory reset it: My PC is not factory resetting for some reason,I got a virus on my PC a while back so i decided it was best that I factory reset it and I tried but It didn't work . When I tried it using troubleshoot using shift click on reset button it went in to an error screen and when I...
  9. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

PC crash when I try to factory reset it: My PC is not factory resetting for some reason,I got a virus on my PC a while back so i decided it was best that I factory reset it and I tried but It didn't work . When I tried it using troubleshoot using shift click on reset button it went in to an error screen and when I...
  10. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade