Windows 10: Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done.

Discus and support Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to factory reset my pc but my monitor just goes black and says “input not supported” I don’t know when the reset is done submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/y3sp1s, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:17 PM.

1. /u/y3sp1s Win User

Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done.

I’ve been trying to factory reset my pc but my monitor just goes black and says “input not supported” I don’t know when the reset is done

submitted by /u/y3sp1s
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:22 PM
  4. sonbird99 Win User

comp won't let me factory reset

No..do you know how to tell me a step by step...right now I'm actually trying to place the computer to the day we got it.

Thema:

1. Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done. - Similar Threads - Trying factory reset

2. I’m trying to reset my PC. Does anybody know what this is??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m trying to reset my PC. Does anybody know what this is??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/greks006s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4e4gu/im_trying_to_reset_my_pc_does_anybody_know_what/
  3. I don’t know what I pressed to get this but I don’t know how to get rid of it. Anyone know how?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don’t know what I pressed to get this but I don’t know how to get rid of it. Anyone know how?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ryguy1219xx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/esl2vu/i_dont_know_what_i_pressed_to_get_this_but_i_dont/
  4. PC reset loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC reset loop after factory reset: I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the configuration I put in my country, application language, keyboard layout and time zone, I received an error message saying that I needed an update and to plug it in and...
  5. Factory reset your PC

Factory reset your PC: I'm unable to factory reset my PC, and am currently stuck in a loop that keeps bringing me back to a BIOS screen. How can I factory reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-your-pc/874acf5c-5d9d-4904-be20-8e334461cd18
  6. pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver

pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver: my wifi connection frequently breaks. While internet, my laptop does not receive internet and says no internet. I tried various ways to resolve it by troubleshooting network, resetting network, adapter reinstall, restart, etc. but all gave me a failure. also, one thing was...
  7. pc is stuck on a restarting loop when i tried to reset my pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc is stuck on a restarting loop when i tried to reset my pc.: Theres a problem thats preventing us from getting your pc ready to use but we think an update will help get things working again. Heres how to get the update: 1. Make sure your pc is pugged in. 2. If this pc uses wifi, select next to follow instructions to connect to a...
  8. trying to factory reset but nothing is working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to factory reset but nothing is working.: i messed around on task manager services i disabled a few that was using too much space and now i can login but cant open task manager or command prompt or start menu cant right click taskbar and open task manager cant us win+r cant use ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager and...
  9. Factory reset pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset pc: I started to factory reset my pc selecting remove everything option. Now the screen is showing "Resetting this PC 99%" for last 18 hour. What to do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-pc/6ea81a5c-987b-4db8-8e42-009a2d9b0c63
  10. activatation, how to know if it is done???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activatation, how to know if it is done???: see above .. wow.. how hard can this be lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activatation-how-to-know-if-it-is-done/d93a0655-29b4-4917-9b67-bfbfbecaa66a"