Windows 10: Trying to factory reset

Discus and support Trying to factory reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a hp stream 11 that I am trying to factory reset and erase everything so my grandad can have it and log in with his windows account. When i go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YouLikeThatCoke, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Trying to factory reset

I have a hp stream 11 that I am trying to factory reset and erase everything so my grandad can have it and log in with his windows account. When i go to factory reset it, it says I need 1.79gb more free space, but I cant free up anymore space. This laptop has 29.1gb of space, and I am using 24.4gb. 14.7gb is used by system and reserved, and I have completely erased all files I possibly can. However, i still dont have enough space to reset it. The only file i can select to delete is the Windows (CTrying to factory reset :) file but I cannot delete it. The only other thing is that it has used 2.73gb of space in update and preview builds in temporary files, and it doesnt give me an option to delete them. Can anybody help with my problem? (sorry it was a bit long)

submitted by /u/YouLikeThatCoke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YouLikeThatCoke, Aug 23, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Trying to factory reset

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Trying to factory reset

1. Trying to factory reset - Similar Threads - Trying factory reset

2. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  3. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  4. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issues trying to factory reset a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues trying to factory reset a laptop: I have been having problems with my laptop for the last few weeks with it being incredibly slow and half of the time freezing to the point I need to remove the battery to restart it. I just decided I want to factory reset the POS before I put a hammer through the screen. I'm...
  6. Factory reset

Factory reset: Hi, I had to reset my notebook Asus TUF Gaming FX504GE into factory settings. But now, when the resetting is completed, the Windows version remained as it was before resetting, as well as the drivers and the problem, which I had sound dropping, stuttering, crackling is still...
  7. Factory Reset

Factory Reset: Hi, I am trying to factory reset my sisters laptop. I have tried downloading a link thing to a usb and putting the usb into the laptop im trying to reset but it wont work. I cant find any videos on youtube or any information on how to do it. I think her laptop is a levovo...
  8. trying to factory reset but nothing is working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to factory reset but nothing is working.: i messed around on task manager services i disabled a few that was using too much space and now i can login but cant open task manager or command prompt or start menu cant right click taskbar and open task manager cant us win+r cant use ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager and...
  9. Factory reset

Factory reset: I have a ton of downloads on my computer thats slowing it down i need to factory reset it but it keeps getting a failure error and says nothings been changed after it hits close to 6%...
  10. factory reset

factory reset: windows 10 has been factory reset but I cannot reinstall my personal settings and data saved on external hardrive. I cant find how to do this anywhere. Information such as my outlook settings with my contact list and old emails, can you help....