Windows 10: trying to fight malware since October called kill chain apparently

Discus and support trying to fight malware since October called kill chain apparently in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I finally have a name for the malware I've been dealing with since October. I saw an article calling it Kill-Chain. Can someone at Microsoft please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CaptainPlanet1, May 30, 2019.

1. trying to fight malware since October called kill chain apparently

I finally have a name for the malware I've been dealing with since October. I saw an article calling it Kill-Chain. Can someone at Microsoft please help me out? Its still here. It will not stop. I'm getting better at fighting it as that is all that I've done for over 6months but once it reaches a certain point, I just have to factory reset.

:)

CaptainPlanet1, May 30, 2019

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, May 30, 2019
  3. hput3 Win User
    How to remove en.softonic malware that appears on desktop periodically

A kind of malware has somehow gotten onto my win 10 PC. What I get is a small advertisment that pops up in the bottom right on my desktop... When I turn it off (clicking the corner X). It comes back again some time later but with different content.

I haven't timed it but seems lake maybe a 1/2 hr.

I've googled extensively but all the instructions I've found, tell you to use the windows uninstaller to uninstall softonic. And maybe some manual clean up after the uninstall. But there is nothing installed with `softonic' in its name and even when the ad is running there is no process running with softonic in its name.

All the google hits appear to assume the windows uninstaller will know about softonic. Even the manual parts of some of the hits appear to assume you have been successful in unintalling it.

The instructions also suggest several free malware removal products and claim any of them will remove it.
    `Zema Anti-malware', `MalwareBytes' and `AdwCleaner'

I tried all those listed in one of the instruction sets, ran the scan but none of them found whatever is running the little softonic pop up ad.

This type of malware apparently falls into a category called a `PUP'.

I never found in the google hits what expected would be there somewhere. A list of steps to remove something like this by hand.

Can anyone here advise me?

hput3, May 30, 2019
  4. johnspack Win User

trying to fight malware since October called kill chain apparently

Malware getting a bit extreme?

My step-sister contacted me online, her laptop was going wiggy. So I teamviewered to it, and after much fighting due to consistent popups, and re-directs, got mbam installed, and ran it. 2 runs accumulated 3000+ instances of malware. I also had to run adwcleaner, that found a pile more. The malware had also checked the proxy settings in her browsers, I had to undo that. Remember that one, after you clean, uncheck proxy settings in the browsers.....

johnspack, May 30, 2019
Thema:

trying to fight malware since October called kill chain apparently

1. trying to fight malware since October called kill chain apparently - Similar Threads - trying fight malware

2. Floaty mouse since October 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floaty mouse since October 2022: I'm here to let everyone know the problem I've been dealing with since October 2022: I had just updated my graphic card drivers when I noticed that my Valorant gameplay wasn't smooth anymore, I didn't think it was an important problem so I kept playing for a few days. I...
  3. BSoD since October 16th

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD since October 16th: Yes, i have had BSoD's since the 16th of october i've done all the troubleshooting which are memtest - came back clear, got new ram just in case tho, still happens got a new PSU just incase that was the cause reset windows uninstalled old display drivers and reinstalled new...
  4. unwanted Malware called...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unwanted Malware called...: I inadvertently downloaded this malware trying to download a program. I didn't like the program and deleted it. It was then that I noticed it was in my App and Browser Control folder. How do I remove this? I tried the commands associated with the the options in the option...
  5. Computer Not Updating Since End of October

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Not Updating Since End of October: Since end of October I have not been able to update my computer. After the last update in October, my computer started acting funny. IE would not open. Cannotdownload Office. Updates will not install. The start up page store/people etc. will not open. Ive tried resetting...
  6. Activation is Hot Garbage - BIOS Apparently Kills It

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation is Hot Garbage - BIOS Apparently Kills It: Had a BIOS update for a dual BIOS single CPU equipped motherboard, no biggie - The Master I kept as the original 16xx and I updated the Slave now 3006, but now, no matter what BIOS I boot from, Windows refuses to activate even though I've been using the exact same hardware in...
  7. October win10 update has killed USB ports??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October win10 update has killed USB ports??: Forced into updating Win10 today, now USB ports don't work. Alienware (dell) 13 r1, but see other models have the same problem. Works fine in BIOS and in linux, but keyboard lights and mouse light extinguish as soon as Win10 starts and no USB devices are detected or...
  8. So Called October Upgrade

So Called October Upgrade: My HP Pavilion desktop and Pavilion Laptop have not received the latest feature upgrade from Microsoft. Three other computers that I am involved with have been successfully upgraded. I keep initiating " Check for Upgrades" but no joy as regards this latest upgrade. Is there...
  9. No Windows Updates Since October

No Windows Updates Since October: I thought it was odd that i hadn't been able to update anything in ages. so i googled to see if anyone else had this issue & google almost blew up lol. i saw people having issues with files getting deleted, & many other things. i never NOTICED anything getting deleted but 99%...
  10. Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro: Sometimes when I go to install a program, EVEN run a progroam, I get access denied errors or similar. A program I've had installed for a few weeks, and have run many times gave me an access error on a file 3 layers deep in the Program Data folder. I was the first user on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rcpeptmapper