Windows 10: Trying to Figure out Some Memory Leaks via a CBS log

Discus and support Trying to Figure out Some Memory Leaks via a CBS log in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm just trying to get a handle on all the memory leaks on my laptop, already found one. Happened to be Killer Network Manager. I have 16 gigs of ram,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Olimar_P, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Olimar_P Win User

Trying to Figure out Some Memory Leaks via a CBS log

I'm just trying to get a handle on all the memory leaks on my laptop, already found one. Happened to be Killer Network Manager.

I have 16 gigs of ram, and at the moment 2.7 gigs are used by Firefox, while the overall ram usage is at around 6.6 gigs. Nothing else currently running is using more than 200 mb.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tn9iYrCfkFuXKUh4fd4UiHHKr5cElIF-

Was told to provide a CBS log because the scan could not fix all errors. (I think it was chkdsk, I don't remember)

:)

Olimar_P, Sep 24, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Sep 24, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Eric_W_B Win User

HidBthLE.dll - memory leak

Really? This is a suggestion? Booting in a mode that does not load device drivers? OF COURSE without the driver loaded, the driver wont be leaking memory. This is the most ridiculous advice Ive ever heard someone suggest. My god.

Eric_W_B, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to Figure out Some Memory Leaks via a CBS log - Similar Threads - Trying Figure Memory

2. help with cbs log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with cbs log: hi, i recently encountered windows memory diagnostics error so decided to clean install windows again but ran into cbs error logs in sfc scannow.can anyone advise what issue and solution to the further problems....
  3. CBS LOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  4. CBS LOG

CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  5. "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?: combing through CBS logs to find another instance of some other event, there's 2 errors back to back at the same time, that say "Public CBS Session Leak Detected", then it lists the Session ID and lists clients FodHelper and SystemSettings attached belowa bit later, Trusted...
  6. "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?

"Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?: combing through CBS logs to find another instance of some other event, there's 2 errors back to back at the same time, that say "Public CBS Session Leak Detected", then it lists the Session ID and lists clients FodHelper and SystemSettings attached belowa bit later, Trusted...
  7. "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?: combing through CBS logs to find another instance of some other event, there's 2 errors back to back at the same time, that say "Public CBS Session Leak Detected", then it lists the Session ID and says this:this was on the 4th of September; since then, even though I wasn't...
  8. CBS log error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS log error: HiWhere do i find and how do i read itThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log-error/dbff8182-75b3-452a-814d-89de21bbcb05
  9. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  10. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...