Windows 10: Trying to Find a Driver

Discus and support Trying to Find a Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I posted a thread earlier this year about the stuttering in audio while watching a video, and later came to determine that it was a BIOS issue after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CycloneGU, Nov 2, 2020.

1. CycloneGU Win User

Trying to Find a Driver

I posted a thread earlier this year about the stuttering in audio while watching a video, and later came to determine that it was a BIOS issue after a couple of months of constant e-mailing with different places. I did try running for a while without my NVIDIA running to check and it improved temporarily, but then one day I had a lot of lag on everything - even the mouse - and finally did the BIOS update. To give you an idea what it sounds like, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asH7LGk8PBQ on an October episode of the Late Show, governor Cuomo of New York. Those pops and clicks you hear are what, after a certain amount of use, pop up on my end for anything I listen to, and I understand also come out from my end when I try to have communications with people as well. Rebooting fixes it, but the clear problem is that there's still an outdated driver.

Here's the problem. Back when I first searched for the BIOS update for my Dell Inspiron 5680, I got a list of four potential updates to consider. That doesn't work now. I have to look manually and I see a list of ten updates. SupportAssist is not working to show me the possible suspects. The BIOS is already updated, and that's not it. But now I am trying to find the driver it previously recommended. I wonder if that might contribute to fixing the problem.

It's worth noting, when I ran LatencyMon mid-day yesterday thinking I had the issue back again, that it was pinging a second into the test and suggesting again to look for BIOS updates. Again, that's already done. To complicate matters, Windows changed my environment again, forcing version 2004 down my throat (I'm sick of this). I still haven't solved the issues from 1903 and now it wants me to upgrade to 2004. Wonderful.

So I'm trying to figure out just what drivers I need, and anything else to support those drivers (chipsets, etc.). I can use the computer for a while before it starts clicking and popping like in the linked video on Cuomo's end. I am trying to make the computer behave properly again so it doesn't do this and I can use it for a long time on something without issue.

:)

CycloneGU, Nov 2, 2020
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 2, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Trying to Find a Driver

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Trying to Find a Driver

1. Trying to Find a Driver - Similar Threads - Trying Find Driver

2. I initiated BSODwith driver verifier, could someone help me try and find the problem driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I initiated BSODwith driver verifier, could someone help me try and find the problem driver...: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [D:\dump\011222-19671-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary...
  3. I initiated BSODwith driver verifier, could someone help me try and find the problem driver...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I initiated BSODwith driver verifier, could someone help me try and find the problem driver...: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [D:\dump\011222-19671-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary...
  4. Trying to find a driver for a unknown device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to find a driver for a unknown device: The Hardware ID is: USB\VID_06CB&PID_00C7&REV_0000 USB\VID_06CB&PID_00C7 and the Compatibile IDs are: USB\Class_FF&SubClass_00&Prot_00 USB\Class_FF&SubClass_00 &...
  5. trying to find a driver for hp design jet 111 for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to find a driver for hp design jet 111 for windows 10: I have a windows 10 Home laptop Chuwi with intel celeron. I am trying to install the driver for a hp design jet 111 via usb but not having much success. Can anyone help?...
  6. cannot find driver

cannot find driver: i am having trouble locateing or finding a driver for my hitachi-lg-data-storage GHBON for windows 10 home. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-driver/94e8612b-9ade-46ba-b95c-c324ec23d9d3
  7. How to find driver?

How to find driver?: My driver is corrupted. Please help me find driver for Mathita B D M L T U J 260 A F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-driver/6fd19fb5-2fe4-431b-bb9f-ee3394edae85
  8. Cant Find Driver

Cant Find Driver: I have a High Point RocketRAID 640L Internal 4 SATA Port PCI-Express 2.0 x4 SATA 6Gb/s RAID Controller -Lite Version and I am unable to locate the driver for it. No software came with the device so I'm thinking it should be automatic somehow. Should I remove the device and...
  9. Windows will not find driver

Windows will not find driver: Hey so i have a new desktop computer that has a ryzen 5 2600 cpu, asus b450 motherboard, and a 1050 ti graphics card. When I boot the computer from my usb with windows 64bit iOS that i got from the microsoft website onto my mac I burn the file. The boot up worked but when it...
  10. Trying to find correct drivers for video and audio

Trying to find correct drivers for video and audio: I upgraded an older HP Pavilion dv6910us laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and while the upgrade went smoothly, after I logged in I found that the video was using a driver of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and the sound was using Conexant High Definition...