Windows 10: Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation

Discus and support Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop and I'm trying to make it work on its original OS, which is WinXP, but unfortunately, the sticker with the product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by תומר ק, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation

Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop and I'm trying to make it work on its original OS, which is WinXP, but unfortunately, the sticker with the product key turned all white except the product key letters. I don't have the installation disk of the WinXP, so I downloaded an ISO of both Home and Pro versions, trying to install it. But in both cases, when I'm asked for the product key I get a "The product id you entered is not valid" error. So I wanted to ask please:1. Is there any way to find out the exact WinXP version just by typing the product key?2. Was it any installation disk that covered all Wi

:)

תומר ק, Jul 20, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 20, 2022
  3. MaloK Win User
    Lost ability to access Win10 from WinXP machine

Hi,

This is a lab I constructed since following this thread.

Setup:

Virtual Box
    Windows 10 fresh install, latest ISO fully patched.
    Windows XP Latest Version As patched as it need.

Setup:
    Both Virtual machines virtual adapters Bridged to my Local Network
    Both NetBios forced Enabled
    Both in the same Workgroup
    Both firewalls located in Private network

Enabled SMB1 on W10 Host

Created user named "monkey" with the password "banana" on both machines
    Created a Share named !TEMP! on both machines, created a cookie File in each folder.
    Give full control access to everyone and "monkey" on both shares.

From there I was unable to access the shared folder Without authentication period.
    Automatic authentication did not work and using "Everyone full access" did not change anything.
    I had to specifically log on the machine to gain any access.

CMD output:

Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation [​IMG]

Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation [​IMG]

If you want, you can do a step by step troubleshooting of your problem.
    From the problematic machine.

Try to view if your Machine appears on the Network List:
    Code:
    If Your Machine appears on the list, try to view it:
    Code:
    The available shares will be listed there.
    If it does not work you can use:
    Code:
    To verify if authentication is working properly, if it succeed, you can carry on... But nothing will be permanently saved.

Then Try to List the content of one of the directories:
    Code:
    This should list the content of the directory,

If all this works Try to map a drive on the share:
    Code:
    In my setup both windows are at the default initial configuration, no tweaks, and wont accept any of these commands without prior authentication.

MaloK, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation

1. Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation - Similar Threads - Trying find solution

2. Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation: Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop and I'm trying to make it work on its original OS, which is WinXP, but unfortunately, the sticker with the product key turned all white except the product key letters. I don't have the installation disk of the WinXP, so I downloaded an ISO of...
  3. Computer crashes sometimes. Trying to find the solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes sometimes. Trying to find the solution.: Hello,My computer just crashed when I pulled the USB plugs of both my mouse and keyboard out. I wanted to put them in another USB port But maybe that was just a weird coincidence. Anyway my computer sometimes crashes, and I want to find out why. Sometimes it happens when I...
  4. Computer crashes sometimes. Trying to find the solution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes sometimes. Trying to find the solution.: Hello,My computer just crashed when I pulled the USB plugs of both my mouse and keyboard out. I wanted to put them in another USB port But maybe that was just a weird coincidence. Anyway my computer sometimes crashes, and I want to find out why. Sometimes it happens when I...
  5. Computer crashes sometimes. Trying to find the solution.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. WinXP Inside VMwear

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    WinXP Inside VMwear: Hey guys, Hope everyone is going well! Just a quick question, I'm trying to set up a printer for my dad inside a windows xp VM. However, the printer uses a combo of 3 connecters; Firewire 1394 and a Centronics-type 8-bit parallel interface, (IEEE 1284 Nibble mode). I'm quite...
  7. Microsoft store not installed, tried solutions and got an error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not installed, tried solutions and got an error: I went through the steps in powershell and when I tried I got this error: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. Windows cannot install package...
  8. Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box: I have an old PC that was licensed for WinXP. About a year ago I threw Linux on it, but my needs have changed. Can someone please tell me, if I installed Win10 on it, can I use the XP license code? If not, can I install XP with the code, then perform the free update to...
  9. Trying to find solution to ongoing network issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to find solution to ongoing network issues.: I know MS killed the support for the SMB 1 protocol. After trying all the so called trick to no avail and also uninstalled the SMB 1 protocol and just left the SMB installed and tried the MS trick to enable the network discovery as outlined in the article,...
  10. Create dual boot Win10 with existing WinXP installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create dual boot Win10 with existing WinXP installation: Hi, I have seen posts that are partially related to my question, but do not answer all of my questions. Here the situation: GOAL: Create a dualboot system with a clean WIndows 10 installation on SSD while keeping my regular Windows XP for as long as I need it....