Windows 10: Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings.

Discus and support Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got a new ISP with verizon and it supports both 2.4 and 5 Ghz but does not allow me to change the name of each. I was trying to disable 2.4 Ghz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Misster Beefy, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings.

I just got a new ISP with verizon and it supports both 2.4 and 5 Ghz but does not allow me to change the name of each. I was trying to disable 2.4 Ghz but I cannot find it in the settings. Does anyone know why this might be and any other way to change from 2.4 to 5 Ghz?

:)

Misster Beefy, Nov 28, 2022
  2. MANN15 Win User

QCA9377 wireless adapter options not showing the "prefererred network" tab.

I want to set my network adapter band to 5.2GHz but I am unable to locate the preferred network tab in the Qualcomm network adapter settings and I've checked that my adapter hardware is capable for the 5.2GHz band.

MANN15, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Wisewiz Win User
    New PCIe wireless adapter drops 5GHz band repeatedly

Update: More info:

Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings. [​IMG]

Wisewiz, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Wisewiz Win User

Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings.

New PCIe wireless adapter drops 5GHz band repeatedly

New tp-link AC1200 (Archer T4E) PCIe adapter in x1 slot. Latest driver. Runs at a link speed (router-PC) of 866 Mbps when working. Advertised link speed was 867, so Wow! But it drops its connection every once in a while. Maybe ten times in eight hours of operation. There is no setting for preferring 5GHz,

I was using USB adapters, and neither of them ever dropped, but they were limited to the 2.4 GHz band. I thought this would be a good (internal) upgrade.

Suggestions as to what I might try / look at / re-set?

Dan

Pro 21H2

Wisewiz, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings.

1. Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings. - Similar Threads - Trying find preferred

2. I can't find preferred band.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find preferred band.: I can't find preferred band in my wifi adapter properties. Here is a screenshot.That is all I see in my Network Adapters advanced properties please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-preferred-band/0ba5e442-626c-432b-b984-5c09286ea51f
  3. I can't find preferred band.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find preferred band.: I can't find preferred band in my wifi adapter properties. Here is a screenshot.That is all I see in my Network Adapters advanced properties please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-preferred-band/0ba5e442-626c-432b-b984-5c09286ea51f
  4. I can't find preferred band.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trying to change Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter properties to Preferred Band 5G...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to change Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter properties to Preferred Band 5G...: The question pretty much sums it up, I can't get the properties to stay on anything else than 802.11d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-realtek-rtl8822be-80211ac-pcie/b55c9d30-a8cd-4cf1-acce-5af0a0c2c325
  6. Band Preference missing in Wi-Fi adapter propertie.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Band Preference missing in Wi-Fi adapter propertie.: I'm trying to change my 2.4GHz band on my Wi-Fi adapter to 5GHz but the 'band preference' is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/band-preference-missing-in-wi-fi-adapter-propertie/1fcb5ae1-1211-47ba-ad9c-085337db6de5
  7. Band Preference missing in Wi-Fi adapter propertie.

Band Preference missing in Wi-Fi adapter propertie.: I'm trying to change my 2.4GHz band on my Wi-Fi adapter to 5GHz but the 'band preference' is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/band-preference-missing-in-wi-fi-adapter-propertie/1fcb5ae1-1211-47ba-ad9c-085337db6de5
  8. Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings.

Trying to find preferred band under network adapter settings.: I just got a new ISP with verizon and it supports both 2.4 and 5 Ghz but does not allow me to change the name of each. I was trying to disable 2.4 Ghz but I cannot find it in the settings. Does anyone know why this might be and any other way to change from 2.4 to 5 Ghz?...
  9. Can find WiFi under network adapters

Can find WiFi under network adapters: Hi i need help, i cant connect to my wifi. It says i dont have network connections Available. When i go to device manager - then network adapter i cant location my Realtek PCIe WiFi. How can i fix this please help...
  10. Can I make my network adapter prefer the 5 GHz band?

Can I make my network adapter prefer the 5 GHz band?: I have an ancient Asus Z71A laptop (Pentium M, 915GM chipset). I have Windows 10 pro x86 running just fine on it. Yes, the old laptop is slow, but it works! I disabled the built-in wifi and added a dual band AE3000 USB wifi adapter. For various reasons, I have my router/AP...