Windows 10: Trying to find update without Internet.

Discus and support Trying to find update without Internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I had windows update to install, I continued to install the update until further on I really needed to message someone so I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielBramley, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Trying to find update without Internet.

Hello,

Recently I had windows update to install, I continued to install the update until further on I really needed to message someone so I turned off my pc. As soon as I opened windows up again I noticed my internet wouldnt work but everyone else in my house has internet access except me, So I did what any normal person would is turn off the modem and extender I waited 2 minutes before turning everything back on again and everyone else got their internet back, except me I tried to connect to both of the wifi extenders internet and the modems. everytime it would show full bars with the error logo next to it and also in my taskbar is an urgent message to download windows new software, I clicked on it and clicked on "Check for updates" it took 1 minute until windows gave me an answer saying I need to connect to the internet to Find updates, so here I am thinking that if it wasnt for me stopping the download I could access the internet. I havnt accessed the internet at 12 pm it is now 6 pm.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

DanielBramley, Sep 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 28, 2019
  3. cortana can not connect to internet try later or internet and I are not talking why?

Hi, Victoria.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 28, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Trying to find update without Internet.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Trying to find update without Internet. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Trying to find update without Internet.

1. Trying to find update without Internet. - Similar Threads - Trying find update

2. Updating without the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating without the internet: We have a Windows 10 laptop and it is not connected to the internet, as it monitors an inverter. Can I still do the updates somehow ? From a USB ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-without-the-internet/959284fc-79cc-49f7-96b5-8cc197e7873f
  3. Updating without the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating without the internet: We have a Windows 10 laptop and it is not connected to the internet, as it monitors an inverter. Can I still do the updates somehow ? From a USB ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-without-the-internet/959284fc-79cc-49f7-96b5-8cc197e7873f
  4. Updating without the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on restart and update loop without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on restart and update loop without internet: Hi,So what happened was I was just trying to send an email with pictures I only have on my laptop. I’m currently in temporary housing and have no internet so I was using my hotspot. Cell signal is terrible here so it was being incredibly slow and could not even pull up...
  6. Stuck on restart and update loop without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on restart and update loop without internet: Hi,So what happened was I was just trying to send an email with pictures I only have on my laptop. I’m currently in temporary housing and have no internet so I was using my hotspot. Cell signal is terrible here so it was being incredibly slow and could not even pull up...
  7. Updates while the Surface is asleep and without internet

Updates while the Surface is asleep and without internet: Is it possible for windows to update on a schedule while the Surface is in a sleep mode and without an active internet connection? More specifically, can it download the updates while connected to the internet, then at a later scheduled time install those updates while asleep...
  8. Hp laptop update without internet

Hp laptop update without internet: My laptop wants to shutdown with doing an update beforehand. But its in a time of need when im leaving an area with internet. I still have to wait almost 2 hours just for it to result in Undoing Changes. Is there a way or a command to cancel an update mid process so i...
  9. Trying to install an antivirus on Windows 7 without internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to install an antivirus on Windows 7 without internet: Hello, I recently just revived a ten year old laptop with Windows 7. There were two accounts. One has a systems32 worm and the other has rebooted to 01/01/2001 and I get a “security certificate is expired” when I open Internet Explorer. It also says something similar when I...
  10. updating Windows without internet

updating Windows without internet: I work for an organisation which is in a remote location and does not have access to internet Is there any way i can download windows updates in another location and then update my PCs in the remote location. Ashish...