Windows 10: Trying To Find Windows 10 Product Key

Discus and support Trying To Find Windows 10 Product Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I own a HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g121wm (ENERGY STAR) which has been out of warranty for some time now. I need to reinstall Windows 10 now from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marneo21, Nov 15, 2019.

1. marneo21 Win User

Trying To Find Windows 10 Product Key

I own a HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g121wm (ENERGY STAR) which has been out of warranty for some time now. I need to reinstall Windows 10 now from the Refresh Windows Tool. I assume I will be prompted to enter my Certificate of Authenticity number at some point in the installation process. The problem is that I have looked high and low on this machine including within the battery compartment and cannot find it anywhere.

I called HP to ask them and they will not answer this simple question without charging me for a new warranty. Can anyone suggest how I should proceed? Is it possible I am mistaken and will not need the Certificate of Authenticity number? If I am correct and will need it, I would like to find it before and have it ready. Where should I look for it please?

If it is under the batteries, how do I get the batteries out of the battery pack. I tried and cannot get them out.

:)

marneo21, Nov 15, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Trying To Find Windows 10 Product Key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Trying To Find Windows 10 Product Key

1. Trying To Find Windows 10 Product Key - Similar Threads - Trying Find Product

2. Find windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find windows product key: First, open Notepad by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop, hovering over “New,” and then selecting “Text Document” from the menu.Copy and paste this code into Notepad:Set WshShell = CreateObject"WScript.Shell"MsgBox...
  3. Find windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find windows product key: First, open Notepad by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop, hovering over “New,” and then selecting “Text Document” from the menu.Copy and paste this code into Notepad:Set WshShell = CreateObject"WScript.Shell"MsgBox...
  4. finding product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    finding product key: To whom it may concern,i have been dealing with this problem of my laptop constantly asking me to activate my windowsbut i havnt been able to find my product key i have been told to try windows key+X and then click on command promt and write this "wmic path...
  5. Finding product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finding product key: how can I get my product key to activate windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-product-key/bcc8aefa-87af-401d-8c50-3fd4dfe61b6d
  6. Find Windows 10 product key

Find Windows 10 product key: Recently I have changed my HDD and replaced it with SSD. Because my old Windows 10 had slowed down I decided to freshly install Windows 10 on new SSD instead of upgrading it. So I searched Microsoft resources and found "Media creation tools" to make a USB installation media...
  7. Find Windows Product Key

Find Windows Product Key: I have two machines with two different editions of windows 10. The old one has Windows 10 Pro, and the new one has Windows 10 Home Single Language. I have lost the Windows 10 Pro key and Windows 10 Home Single Language came pre-installed on the machine, so I don't have key...
  8. Trying to find Product Key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to find Product Key?: i use the windows+x run as admin on command prompt put in the follow text wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey then pressed enter... and got this as text back OA3xOriginalProductKey did not get Product Key.. i need help please help thanks!...
  9. finding product key

finding product key: I have a older Surface tablet that I bought used and it was upgraded to windows 10. I don't have the key and it wants me to activate the windows. How do I find the product key or digital license for the windows 10 on this thing?...
  10. Find Product Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Product Key in Windows 10: How to: Find Product Key in Windows 10 How to View the Product Key in Windows 10 The Windows 10 product key is a sequence of 25 letters and numbers divided into 5 groups of 5 characters each (ex: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) that is used to activate the 32-bit or...